The birth of a brand new baby stroker motor... video

Well, there's one more in the world now. We fired Jamie's new 462 stroker and videoed it just for fun. We're hoping for some good numbers as is but we still have some parts to buy.  An MRD exhaust and a 41 FCR. We have a pretty good start with a 4mm crank, a 434 CW big bore, thin base gasket, Web Cams 539 in.  540 ex. with slotted sprockets 107in  107ex., all Ferrea valves with 1mm over intakes, and a hi velocity port job with full radius valve seats, bronze guides, good springs with titanium retainers. The plan is to dyno it as is then change the pipe and see what the difference really is.

Edited by james509
  • Like 7

Well, there's one more in the world now. We fired Jamie's new 462 stroker and videoed it just for fun. We're hoping for some good numbers as is but we still have some parts to buy. An MRD exhaust and a 41 FCR. We have quite a pretty good start with a 4mm crank, a 434 CW big bore, thin base gasket, Web Cams 539 in. 540 ex. with slotted sprockets 107in 107ex., all Ferrea valves with 1mm over intakes, and a hi velocity port job with full radius valve seats, bronze guides, good springs with titanium retainers. The plan is to dyno it as is then change the pipe and see what the difference really is.

numbers wise what would a build like that cost a person? Just ballpark? Thanks

numbers wise what would a build like that cost a person? Just ballpark? Thanks

Just from memory,  prices should be pretty close.

crank                   350

big bore               425

cams                    400

slotted sprockets  175

gaskets  oem         60

valves                   160

guides                    48

spring kit              140

porting                  300

labor to rebuild     300

total                             2358

This stuff adds up pretty fast. Some of the stuff we could have done without, like guides, valves and slotted sprockets but we wanted to do the best engine we could build.

• Like 3

Just from memory,  prices should be pretty close.

crank                   350

big bore               425

cams                    400

slotted sprockets  175

gaskets  oem         60

valves                   160

guides                    48

spring kit              140

porting                  300

labor to rebuild     300

total                             2358

This stuff adds up pretty fast. Some of the stuff we could have done without, like guides, valves and slotted sprockets but we wanted to do the best engine we could build.

whos "we"? do you work in a shop? if i didnt have to buy the carb i'd definitely do a stroker...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there's one more in the world now. We fired Jamie's new 462 stroker and videoed it just for fun. We're hoping for some good numbers as is but we still have some parts to buy. An MRD exhaust and a 41 FCR. We have a pretty good start with a 4mm crank, a 434 CW big bore, thin base gasket, Web Cams 539 in. 540 ex. with slotted sprockets 107in 107ex., all Ferrea valves with 1mm over intakes, and a hi velocity port job with full radius valve seats, bronze guides, good springs with titanium retainers. The plan is to dyno it as is then change the pipe and see what the difference really is.

Man does this thing run AMAZING!!!! I think the best part of it is the awesome power curve, massive power esp from about 6500 rpm and up. I'm sure I owe that to the cyl head porting by James509. This guy does outstanding work. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him if you want one of the fastest DRZ's around.

• Like 1