Sign in to follow this  

Need Wheel Advice for DRZ400E

I recently purchased an 07 DRZ400E and looking to build a set of wheels (offroad only) to finish off my mods. I've seen wheel terms as MX, Motard and Supermoto. Any suggestions... on manufacture I am new to the dirt biking scene. Not looking to break the bank either! Thanks!

Stock wheels. Nothing wrong with them. Looking for specific blk rims, blk spokes, gold hubs & nipples.

And you don't want to break the bank? :lol:

Good luck with that.

• Like 2

Stock wheels. Nothing wrong with them. Looking for specific blk rims, blk spokes, gold hubs & nipples.

You can build your own personalized wheels here.......https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/Custom-Supermoto-Wheels-by-Rad-Manufacturing-Rear-Wheel-p2006835330.html

But consider your bank may become a tad BUSTED... :facepalm: ...LOL

Received M8

Yeah , I only ordered them this morning , after much searching for a colour combo .

John Titman Racing are the Deliverers

How did the TT store compare (link in post #5) ??....I guess the shipping cost would be the "Deal Killer"..... :(

I recently purchased an 07 DRZ400E and looking to build a set of wheels (offroad only) to finish off my mods. I've seen wheel terms as MX, Motard and Supermoto. Any suggestions... on manufacture I am new to the dirt biking scene. Not looking to break the bank either! Thanks!

the stock S and E wheels (dirt/dualsport/whatever) are extremely strong and long lasting, provided you keep the air pressure above 15psi, you should have no problems. if you run lower pressures and hop around on rocks, expect dings, and possibly repairable damage to the rim. if/when a spoke breaks, which will happen at lower pressures, replace the spoke, true, and ride on. 

the stock SM (motard/supermoto/17's/whatever) wheels are similarly strong, but a smaller, street oriented design. 

keep in mind spoked wheels are designed to FLEX instead of breaking and be trailside serviceable by the user. :)

Edited by ohgood
  • Like 1

Those wheels are cheaper .

I went for one of the Best wheel sets , I ride on a lot of hard pack and Rocks . The last set of wheels I bought lasted 6 months .

wow. six months ? what brand were they and who built them ? 

They are DNA Wheels , I had spoke / bearing / spacer issues , I lost confidence in them and refused to repair them .

Look ... They were super cheap , so I got what I paid for .

understood. thanks for the heads up about one poor quality source. 

Thanks for all the info, looks like I'll shop around. Ebay has a set from China for $679 (w/everything I'm looking for) not sure how'd they'd hold up! For a few hundred more I could get standard DID or Excel wheels. But then I might as well keep what I have.

The hell with the bank! LOL