Which one?

So I've had a cr125 for a couple o months now and think of getting a different bike. I ride trails and the cr has NO bottom end and its a little to big for me so if I need to I can't touch the ground very good. So my buddy has a crf150f as a play bike and I love riding it! I'm faster on it than I am on my cr. so I was think of maybe going smaller and getting either a xr200 or a kx100 because I love 2 smokers! Oh and I like to do little jumps and hill climbs and the trails I ride on can be muddy. I forgot to mention that I love the power my cr so I don't mind going smaller but I would like to still have some power. I'm 14 5.7 and 130lbs.

Umm you would be downgrading to a child's bike if you got a 150 or a kx100. That would be a bad move. I recommend a decent 250f. Crf250x yz250/wr250f or a Ktm exc/mxc/xc/xc-fw or husaberg husqvarna kdx200/220/250 klx300 xr400. Something to that effect would be a good decision. I don't know how big you are but you can't go wrong with any of those. The off road Ktm you can get used for good price and they aren't tagged out like a mx bike. Usually ridden by older guys. Check them out.

• Like 1

It has been said with moderate riding you can get 150 hours out of a top end. I don't know for sure.

Ok that's good to know. But what I actually meant was how's the top end power?

Ok that's good to know. But what I actually meant was how's the top end power?

With a stock exhaust, pretty flat. With aftermarket exhaust and jetting they really wake up and run hard on top- almost double the power of stock. And they still have a lot more bottom than an MX bike. Really a great engine in pretty much all of the KDX variations. I'm a lot more partial to an MX chassis but the KDX is a great woods bike for anything under 7/10ths pace.

I have both a 125 and a kdx220. My 220 pulls like a tractor from idle to the rev limiter. You can ride it like a 4 stroke but it screams like a 2 stroke when you want it to. The top end has some power but it's not needed IMO. It would be the perfect bike for you as it has a lower seat height and lots of bottom end. You can find them cheap too!

Have you considered putting in some flywheel weights and regearing for your type of riding, and maybe an auto-clutch. A bike does not come out of the box perfect for everyone's liking, and sometimes tuning what we already have is the way to go.

• Like 1

I found a really nice 89 model. Since there the first year of the liquid cooled are there any problems?

Not really. The only issue they have, -and they ALL do this- is that the powervalve gets crudded up. It's called the KIPS sytem and it works well but it's a little complicated. Not a big deal in my opinion.