Sign in to follow this  

spanish sunshine

Well i got back to Indonesia last night and not happy to be back , had a ball in Span went and watched the world supermoto in France , first round of the Spanish Championships as well and got out for a few laps myself 

we went to Fortuna as you can run dirt section as well :-}} 

i headed out on the 300 first and stayed on it all day i sat on the 450 and started it up but left it on the stand  , the 300 was awesome  8) so much fun to ride , its weighs nothing so you can change direction by just thinking about it , it handled great we had a little bit of front patter on one selection but we dialled most of that out . power was so smooth really easy to ride maybe a little to mellow for the tar and high grip levels i would have liked it to be a bit more aggressive but it worked really well in the dirt section even with slicks , it was great to jump and really flickable in the air . 

On track 450 quite a bit faster it jumps out of the corners and really quick down the straights , but the 300 was awesome on the brakes and mid corner , by the second session i was even backing the 300 into the tighter corners , you ride it more on the front tire than the 450 and the lean angles where great it was dragging its pegs everywhere . the only trouble i had was after not riding a supermoto for so long my legs where killing me i just could not hold them up out of the way by the end of the day .

Overall thank you TM what a great fun bike . once i get back to Spain full time i will have to build up a new service honda 500 into the ultimate supermoto for more 2 stroke fun   

IMG_9448_zps5bc782d1.jpg

IMG_9452_zpsfed06e36.jpg

IMG_9867_zps73bc90f6.jpg

IMG_9908_zpscd331ac0.jpg

• Like 2

Nice!  What did the 300 weigh compared to their 450?  and what 300 motor does TM use since im assuming they share the same frames.

the 300 feels like a feather weight compared to the 450  exact weights i don't know but a big difference putting on and off the stands , the motor is TM they make all their own engines and frames , the 4 stroke frame is totally different to the 2 stroke one 

the 300 feels like a feather weight compared to the 450  exact weights i don't know but a big difference putting on and off the stands , the motor is TM they make all their own engines and frames , the 4 stroke frame is totally different to the 2 stroke one 

i guess I don't know much about TMs.  I thought i was told they use Honda chassis.  Sounds like a great time.  How did you have the chance to ride those bikes?

they are mine , i ordered then at the end of last year as plan on spending more time back in spain so getting some bikes set up there to ride :-}

• Like 1