NX650 fuel tank hose routing? Engine dies when idling and when braking at stops...

Swapping needles sounds like a good idea. I was wondering if your jets had been drilled out also but im still thinking pilot jet more than main. You are definately right that a 48 pilot shouldnt be too big but as i said before, the standard adjustment procedure seems to point at either the pilot being too big or the needle allowing fuel from the main jet to be getting through while at idle.

Jets are cheap. I would put in two new jets and your friends needle and try the adjustment procedure again. Its worth the $8 to know what jets you actually have.

The worst thing is that jet needle and their seats (combo) are discontinued... So if that the problem I don't know where to get spare which will work.

I doubt there's any difference between an NX650 carb and a 650L carb..they are essentially the same engine and I'd say carb.

Forgive me if I don't reply often as I've shifted to the country and have to use my phone as a mobile wifi point,,Connections bad

at the best of times. There's a fibre cable outside but I haven't got around to seeing if I can connect to it as yet,,Run off battery

power and solar panels out here so things are a bit primative..Beats the city though..

Hmmm. I just googled xr650l carb needle and dozens of options popped up, mostly in rebuild kits for about $30 that include the jets you need. Or are you running the NX carb?

Hmm... maybe, there are some aftermarket options... Will check XR ones.

Thanks

Edited by RadekSkylark

• 4 years later...