Sign in to follow this  

1995 cr125

hi guys... i have a cr125 and my engine siezed because the piston clips that hold the piston arm to the piston came off and groozed  the top end barrel a little  bit like a small stretch ov about a cubic mm stretching down 20mm.this led to no compression and no run. i have ordered a piston kit to ensure that there is more compression as the old piston and ring was also groozed. will this work or i need a new barrel?checkout where there is a blue marking in the image attachedhonda.cr125_3.jpg

Edited by hmanhuragenni

hi guys... i have a cr125 and my engine siezed because the piston clips that hold the piston arm to the piston came off and groozed  the top end barrel a little  bit like a small stretch ov about a cubic mm stretching down 20mm.this led to no compression and no run. i have ordered a piston kit to ensure that there is more compression as the old piston and ring was also groozed. will this work or i need a new barrel?

If you grooved the cylinder walls, you'll need to bore out that cylinder to make it right. 

Ur the first person from Zambia I've seen on TTalk.  I work with twin brothers named Jacob and Esau from Zambia.  Good guys, though they are Democrats lol

• Like 1

it did not grooze much just a small stretch of about a nidle size and 2cm from top barrel down.Thanks and sure thing though dont know the twins.looking forwad to it working...its my frst bike and i have been doing alot of research and i rebuilt it myself.it was running perfectly until the clip came off and groozed.

U can only bore so much cause of your power valve. If it's to deep u might look into re sleeving. Like la sleeve. That way u can bore again if u need to. Or it may be the same price to get a big bore kit