Aftermarket Piston & Clutch

Anybody know if you can get aftermarket Clutch plates or piston kit for the Beta 2 strokes yet?

Called the dealer yesterday and the price of the piston and clutch friction plates are not the cheapest.

Anybody know if you can get aftermarket Clutch plates or piston kit for the Beta 2 strokes yet?

Called the dealer yesterday and the price of the piston and clutch friction plates are not the cheapest.

Have not heard of pistons for the 2-smokes here in the states yet, but gotta ask, if there is no one offering them yet, how can you tell the dealers prices are not the cheapest?

I'd say if no one was offering something for sale but the dealer, then the dealer would be the cheapest, right?

Quoted $270 for a piston and rings? Not the cheapest

Quoted $250 for clutch plates? Not the cheapest

:p

More shocked at the OEM prices, did think they would be better than that.

Yes Beta OEM prices are nuts compared to KTM

OEM is Vertex. 66.4mm - 250, 72mm - 300.  It would not surprise me if somethng else dropped right in.  I can tell you guys the top end powervalve design is a dead ringer for a GG, but more refined, so maybe even a GG (same as TM) piston.  Someone get the calipers out.  It was like this with the GG200, like they had you by the balls, then someone found a snowmobile piston that was exactly the same and cheap.  Considering the production quantities, would you have a special piston made when an existing design would work? 

Spoke to a Rep from Barnett yesterday and was told they have clutches for the new Betas. They are supporting Purvines race team.

OEM is Vertex. 66.4mm - 250, 72mm - 300.  It would not surprise me if somethng else dropped right in.  I can tell you guys the top end powervalve design is a dead ringer for a GG, but more refined, so maybe even a GG (same as TM) piston.  Someone get the calipers out.  It was like this with the GG200, like they had you by the balls, then someone found a snowmobile piston that was exactly the same and cheap.  Considering the production quantities, would you have a special piston made when an existing design would work? 

I know it would work but I don't know if I am brave enough to try a piston from a 250 gasser ect. The reason been is that we are going to compete in the Romaniacs this year and I am looking to do a piston and have a spare clutch in the spares bin. Beta Boano racing do a air filter, oil, plug and clutch plates for $190 so I think we are gonna hit that deal up.

We priced the rear brake lever to have as a spare and it works out at $100 :o Just have to wait a bit longer for more spurious parts. 

Edited by Neomxdave