Does this make any sense

On my way home from a long street ride yesterday I did a good stretch of Highway , at least 40 miles of it before getting back on secondary roads . I was playing around with the throttle watching Rpms and the speeds and listening to the motor . I may have touched 9000 rpm a couple times . Once I returned to backroads my bike seemed Throatier . More air box noise , a Deeper , Throatier sound than I remember . I figured it was all in my head . But after I got home , got into family mode for a few hours and let the bike cool fully . I took it out later in the night to run an errand : ) The bike was definately quieter again . And I ran it up and down a favorite country backroad to "Test " it . Definately quieter. Just air box noise , not motor noises . ???????

Deeper .. Throatier .. ?

I'm not sure , reminds me of a movie :thumbsup:

Deeper .. Throatier .. ?

I'm not sure , reminds me of a movie :thumbsup:

HAHAHHAHHA,  Got a link??   :devil:

HAHAHHAHHA, Got a link?? :devil:

Have you ever noticed anything like that Ron . It almost sounded like my air box door was open some . She's possessed I tell ya .

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

Enough heat into the valve stems can make them grow. It's a rare situation, but could produce the symptoms you are describing.

Enough heat into the valve stems can make them grow. It's a rare situation, but could produce the symptoms you are describing.

Hmmmmmmm

Have you ever noticed anything like that Ron . It almost sounded like my air box door was open some . She's possessed I tell ya .

M8,  i cant say i have,  but im thinking me MRD is starting to make me go deaf...  cant even hear me self think at times,  gotta think louder  :D

M8, i cant say i have, but im thinking me MRD is starting to make me go deaf... cant even hear me self think at times, gotta think louder 

To quote Bruce Lee:

"Don't think, ride."

Okay, posting from my phone is just hilarious.

Was is running like a dog? If you had done a long pull like that it may have caused the engine to heat up so much that is threw it a bit out of tube an was causing a low end bog/lag. My snowmobile makes more intake noise on warmer days for this same reason. In that case I adjust the needle clip and it goes away.

Was is running like a dog? If you had done a long pull like that it may have caused the engine to heat up so much that is threw it a bit out of tube an was causing a low end bog/lag. My snowmobile makes more intake noise on warmer days for this same reason. In that case I adjust the needle clip and it goes away.

:thinking:  :crazy:

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Prior to reading this thread, I consumed a bottle of red and a 750ml bottle of stout.

No moment of clarity with what I read here . . . except Chooken's comment - classic!!!!

Prior to reading this thread, I consumed a bottle of red and a 750ml bottle of stout.

No moment of clarity with what I read here . . . except Chooken's comment - classic!!!!

Way to go Mate.... :thumbsup: .....Chooken is way on it......"The Deep Throat DRZ".....

I've been thinking of trying the next clip position . I think I'll give that a try. To see what it will do for me. No It wasn't running bad . Of course I'm still tweaking things since I installed the cams , trying to get it the best I can .

I've been thinking of trying the next clip position . I think I'll give that a try. To see what it will do for me. No It wasn't running bad . Of course I'm still tweaking things since I installed the cams , trying to get it the best I can .

Mate....The bike seems to be running ok, so why mess with it.?

Mate....The bike seems to be running ok, so why mess with it.?

I feel it's got more to give . But that might take an FCR to get what I'm looking for .

I feel it's got more to give . But that might take an FCR to get what I'm looking for .

What's your current jetting , riding conditions and engine mods..?

What's your current jetting , riding conditions and engine mods..?[/quote

I'm at 156. Ft elevation . 3 x 3 mod using JD jet kit and what their recommendations were for sea level . It's been a while since I did the Jetting so I don't remember the specifics but I did add the extended fuel screw. My motor is all stock , I use an E header and I recently added stage 2 hot cams . Riding conditions. 90 % street right now . Recent purchase of Tard wheels has me enjoying the hell out of them. I plan on getting back into some Offroading soon . Then it will be a dedicated Offroad riding on Saturdays and mostly commuting and hooliganism during the week . Sneaking in some trail riding after work when possible. My Offroad riding is mostly Roots , rocks, and mud on tight trails in pine forests . With occasional open runs through gas and power lines which are usually loose and or sandy .

Edited by Masshole DRZ

FCR it is :thumbsup:

FCR it is :thumbsup:

Keep in mind . I bought the DRZ instead of buying a supercharger for my truck. . Thinking that the DRZ wouldn't have the snowball effect of modifications . Lol

Keep in mind . I bought the DRZ instead of buying a supercharger for my truck. . Thinking that the DRZ wouldn't have the snowball effect of modifications . Lol

hahahahaha.....looking into the back of your truck is not a snowball effect.....it's a flippin' avalanche!!!!! :lol: