Clutch control

Hi can anyone please tell me when and where on the track I should be using my clutch I ride a ktm 150 cheers.

That is a tough question to answer as it will be different by rider for sure.

I ride a KTM 150 and would say:

When - whenever I am accelerating (not necessarily full throttle) and the engine rpms are low (not in the powerband) in order to get back into the powerband.  I never use it to downshift, but sometimes use it when upshifting.

Where - corners mainly, pretty much from the apex on out.

The 150 is stupid fun, but off the pipe it isn't making a ton of power, so it requires a decent amount of shifting and clutch work to keep the engine in the sweet spot.

Thanks for your help you have answered pretty much what I was thinking guess more practice for me then .

It took me some time & a lot of practice to get used to it, especially coming from a 450.  Have fun!

Hi can anyone please tell me when and where on the track I should be using my clutch I ride a ktm 150 cheers.

Out of corners, in certain rthyem sections and on slow tight corners so you don't stall. Watch a free DVD preview of my Motocross Clutch, Throttle and Shifting Techniques DVD or Stream: http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/volume-3/dvd-3-clutch-throttle-clutch-control

Clutch, Throttle & Shifting DVD Previews page WP.jpg