Choke Plate Group Buy Poll

I have access to a laser cutter through work and am planning to do my own choke plate. Can't stomach the cost of the XR's only unit when shipping is added in. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested if I made a batch for the XR600/400 and sold them for $25 shipped. If I get enough interest, I'l get it modeled and cut some up, then I could list em in the classifieds....

Make sure to include those two small holes in it, otherwise a backfire may blow the carb out of the intake boot when using full choke.

That's why the OEM choke plate had that spring loaded door, but it also meant more choke because it is totally closed off instead of like the two holes in the aftermarket plate; compromise.

I hand cut mine with no holes. I thought the holes were for air bleed so engine will run on full choke, mine will die, if I'm not quick enough to change to 1/2 choke. I dont think the 2 holes will make much difference on a backfire burst. I installed a pressure guage on my 4" pvc spud gun to measure pressure when shooting a 2" barrel. The guage would not register, I think the combustion is too quick for needle response.

If someone hand cut and handmade these i wouldn't buy em. Laser cut just looks so much better than a disk. Id buy it over xrs only and i have no issues with xrs only. I know guys that make a living just making something like a bushing or wheel spacer for a classic bike. Not everyone has FCRs. My stock carb, although in a box. Doesn't have an aftermarket choke plate. So i would totally get one if i needed it. Full support from me here. Like jft and his fcr airbox adapter...

I hand cut mine with no holes. I thought the holes were for air bleed so engine will run on full choke, mine will die, if I'm not quick enough to change to 1/2 choke. I dont think the 2 holes will make much difference on a backfire burst. I installed a pressure guage on my 4" pvc spud gun to measure pressure when shooting a 2" barrel. The guage would not register, I think the combustion is too quick for needle response.

The flap in the stocker is for backfiring. If you look at the direction the flap moves, it's in the opposite air flow direction. Hoping to get the critical dimensions measured up today so I can get a drawing made and off to the laser cutter for a quote. Going to laser cut a piece of acrylic on our little laser cutter at work first to make sure the dimesions are correct. It wont happen quick, but hopefully I can get something going soon. Here's a pic of my hand fab'd one installed....

photo2_zps991046a9.jpg

Edited by fourstrokin650