Sign in to follow this  

Getting back in shape

Looking for ideas for weight loss, seem to have gained 20 lbs that i would like to remove, ride on average probably every other weekend couple hour rides but no real other exercise. Just looking for some great ideas to loose the weight, some meal advice probably wouldnt hurt either, oh ya and have some fun doing it. thanks in advance for any great ideas.

Try to find something fun to do. I've been playing a lot of ball hockey and just try to eat healthy. I bought a few healthy cook books and I've been trying to get more excersise but making it fun. The weight has been coming off but I haven't been counting because my goal was simply to be healthier. 

Looking for ideas for weight loss, seem to have gained 20 lbs that i would like to remove, ride on average probably every other weekend couple hour rides but no real other exercise. Just looking for some great ideas to loose the weight, some meal advice probably wouldnt hurt either, oh ya and have some fun doing it. thanks in advance for any great ideas.

Unless you are super motivated by something, exercising for the sake of weight loss alone is hardly ever sustainable. Racquetball, tennis, hiking, basketball ... whatever activity you enjoy ... just make it at least every other day for an hour or so. Also, limit foods that are high in calories and low in nutrition ... and avoid sodas, that alone will drop some unwanted lbs :)

Looking for ideas for weight loss, seem to have gained 20 lbs that i would like to remove, ride on average probably every other weekend couple hour rides but no real other exercise. Just looking for some great ideas to loose the weight, some meal advice probably wouldnt hurt either, oh ya and have some fun doing it. thanks in advance for any great ideas.

Drink nothing but water, a gallon a day. Eat 5-6 balanced meals a day. Your fist size of a portion of good clean protein as well as a portion of clean carbs. Eat lots of veggies. Alcohol is processed as Sugar in your body= not good. Just eat clean and eat ENOUGH to sustain your body type. Less calories isn't alwYs better. If you don't eat enough but are exercising you'll never loose weight because your body will keep the excess weight on as a safety. Stay away from sugar. Good fats are good. For example avocado is a good fat. Mozzarella cheese is ok. It's protein. The idea behind 5-6 small meals a day is 3 regular meals with SNACKS in between.

Edited by CRF450ish

Cut out sugar and crappy crabs, think of food I terms of fuel and your body as a bike. Feed it junk and it will perform like junk.

Keep a journal of your work outs and try to get one more rep or beat your last time. Make everything a game. I struggle with pull ups so I had to start with 2 then I felt great when I could do 3 now I'm up to 3 sets of 6.. not where I want to be but its progress.

If you don't belong to a gym 100 push ups and 200 squats is fun program ( Google search it ) and will have you in serious core shape quick.