Sign in to follow this  

JD Jet Kit question

Hey everyone,I just received my JD jet kit and extended fuel

screw that i ordered from the tt store as advised here on the forums. I know what main and pilot jet i need to use and which clip to use but am confused as to which needle to install. In another thread I was told to use the blue needle, but mentioned nothing of my areas temperature, while in the directions that came with the kit it says over 75 deg F to use red. I live in Maryland and it is starting to get between 50 and 80 and still warming up. Which needle should I use? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I leave the Blue needle in all year round. I see temperatures well above and below 75F as the seasons change here in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

I leave the Blue needle in all year round. I see temperatures well above and below 75F as the seasons change here in Wisconsin.

Thanks, just wanted to claer that up so I dont have to take it apart more than once.

• Like 1

Thanks, just wanted to claer that up so I dont have to take it apart more than once.

I do however, have to switch the clip position as the seasons change. When it is colder out it will surge under constant throttle cruising on clip position 3. So I raise the needle to clip 4 for early spring/late fall. But it isn't a big deal because to get to the needle you don't have to remove the carb, just turn it in the boots to gain access to the top.

theres always a catch! lol thanks though....So for around 60-80 deg around this time of year would you say to put it in the 4th position?

I would say start with clip 3, if you get any surging while cruising then bump it to clip 4.

Also note everything previously stated is with stock exhaust, if you are running an aftermarket pipe with open insert then put it on clip 4.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,I just received my JD jet kit and extended fuel

screw that i ordered from the tt store as advised here on the forums. I know what main and pilot jet i need to use and which clip to use but am confused as to which needle to install. In another thread I was told to use the blue needle, but mentioned nothing of my areas temperature, while in the directions that came with the kit it says over 75 deg F to use red. I live in Maryland and it is starting to get between 50 and 80 and still warming up. Which needle should I use? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Seems I remember reading somewhere on here that the red needle is meant for really hot and HUMID climates like south america or the bahamas or something like that and that anywhere in the US should be using the blue needle regardless of temps. Could be wrong though.