05 crf450r fit in a 2002 frame?

found a good deal on a 2002 frame and was wondering if my 2005 is swappable to put in the 2002 frame?

thanks alot!

They changed the bottom mount, but I cant rememeber how. Check the FAQ thread stickied at the top of the forum. I havent updated it in a long time, but I think that info might be in there

what about the rest of the bike? I would be transfering the entire 2005 bike into the 2002 frame? front forks, swingarm etc...?

Very little if any is going to cross over to the 02 chassis. The 05 is the newer gen chassis (and a hell of a lot better than the 02)

I am going through the same thing (sorta) but in reverse. I pcked up an 08 bike/chassis with an 04 motor in it. The motor had spacers on the bottom mounts because the motor mounts on the 04 engine are narrower then the '08 chassis mounts.

I also have an '02. When I bought a full coverage skid/glide plate for it I was first sent the wrong one. The sent me a plate for a '05-'08 and it was too narrow for my '02.

It is weird but the '02-'04 chassis is wider then the '05-'08 chassis but the '02-'04 motor mounts are narrower then the '05-'08 motor mounts.

I would look for an '05 chassis on ebay. you can find them pretty cheap. I just bought a brand spanking new '08 shock for 150.00 and a mint '08 swingarm for 110.00 so it can be done.

I am going through the same thing (sorta) but in reverse. I pcked up an 08 bike/chassis with an 04 motor in it. The motor had spacers on the bottom mounts because the motor mounts on the 04 engine are narrower then the '08 chassis mounts.

I also have an '02. When I bought a full coverage skid/glide plate for it I was first sent the wrong one. The sent me a plate for a '05-'08 and it was too narrow for my '02.

It is weird but the '02-'04 chassis is wider then the '05-'08 chassis but the '02-'04 motor mounts are narrower then the '05-'08 motor mounts.

I would look for an '05 chassis on ebay. you can find them pretty cheap. I just bought a brand spanking new '08 shock for 150.00 and a mint '08 swingarm for 110.00 so it can be done.

The changes in the motor mounts were to adjust chassis flex etc.

The changes in the motor mounts were to adjust chassis flex etc.

That makes sense to me. I am sure it is also one of the many reasons why no matter what I do to my '02, it will never handle like the newer bikes.

I will say this however, the stock '02 stands tall in the desert at high speeds. Of course as I made adjustments for MX that kinda went away...