Sign in to follow this  

YZ250 Handlebar Clamp Question

Currently injured at the moment and managed to save up enough money to finally chuck on some trick bits on my bike, I have a 2011 YZ250 that's immaculate and totally stock. I've never really done any bike maintenance before (Calm down, I'm learning) because it's all been done for me. Looking into getting a set of these handlebars. Not to sure what colour I'll get but it'll probably be White/Blue. The main question is will I need new clamps for them to fit because my bike it totally stock at the moment and will the throttle fit okay?

http://www.mbosport.com/index.php/neken/handlebars/pro-oversize/nkr00121c.html

33edff3ac66211e39ccd24be05cfecd0_8.jpg 

Thanks, 

On second thoughts I think I'm going to get them in white, I'm assuming the standard clamp wont fit so what clamp do I need to purchase so they will?

5kf61g.png

35iu9va.png

If the bar's shown are 1 1/8 you can pick up 1 1/8 clamps on ebay or many of the motorcycle stores will carry them, do a little research as there's  quite a few company's that make aftermarket clamps for your bike. Good looking set of bar's by the way, I like em.

Edited by Alan48

If the bar's shown are 1 1/8 you can pick up 1 1/8 clamps on ebay or many of the motorcycle stores will carry them, do a little research as there's  quite a few company's that make aftermarket clamps for your bike. Good looking set of bar's by the way, I like em.

Thanks, found a couple of different styles that all say they will fit a 2011 YZ250. Is there any significant advantage to the second set that has the extra bracket in the middle and are they hard to fit?

$(KGrHqZ,!ooE+1uZk7H0BQ!eCrh)e!~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqF,!oEE-2JnvDDSBP-3gpWgFw~~60_12.J 

Your bike (2011 yz250) already comes with 1 1/8" bars, therefore you don't need the oversized bar mounts. They will bolt up using all the factory hardware. Your brakes clutch, and throttle will all function properly because the bars swage down to 7/8" after the bend.

Edited by Rocket416
  • Like 1

Your bike (2011 yz250) already comes with 1 1/8" bars, therefore you don't need the oversized bar mounts. They will bolt up using all the factory hardware.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Just out of curiosity what year did they switch to 1 1/8" bars?

Thanks, found a couple of different styles that all say they will fit a 2011 YZ250. Is there any significant advantage to the second set that has the extra bracket in the middle and are they hard to fit?

$(KGrHqZ,!ooE+1uZk7H0BQ!eCrh)e!~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqF,!oEE-2JnvDDSBP-3gpWgFw~~60_12.J

These are very good and solid but a bit heavy, the crossbar bridge give's a stronger support. I would personally stick with the clamps you already have but if you're going for bling then these definitely have the BLING FACTOR.  Oh, very easy to fit, just a few turn's of a wrench.

Edited by Alan48

Lastly, probably going to sound like a stupid question but will the throttle/throttle tube just be a straight swap between the bars? Watching a lot of videos on bar changes etc, really is time I learnt to do it myself.

It's all a straight swap, the only thin I would recommend is new grips as the stock non throttle side is gluded to the bars and can be a bitch to take off intact...