Sign in to follow this  

What would you pay for a 99 kx 125 2t

bike seems to be in good condition, new plastics all around etc... has new forks and spring with a few extra parts

what would this be worth?

it is currently owned by a rider i met at the track that is new to the sport and looking for a 4 stroke. he is asking 1200 for it. i know it hasent been jumped or raced as he is not that good of a rider.

throw me numbers if ya would please

Edited by joey330

I have that bike, paid 850 for it about 4 years ago in decent shape. 1200 is too much imo, I'd top out at 1000 in good shape.

I will say it's a pretty good bike, handles good and moves pretty good too. It's been inexpensive to run and has held up well.

Up here in NE it would probably sell for $1200 or more since prices are ridiculous, but people mist be buying.

We just sold our 02 kx125 (same as a '99) a couple weeks ago. It had brand new tires and plastics, all stock, and the motor had never even been opened up. It needed a few things but all minor. We sold it to a guy for 1600. We bought it for 1300 4 years ago and only spent money on tires and plastics. Not really sure how we sold it for 1600 but it was very nice looking. It depends on what area your from (I'm from ct and the prices are pretty high) but if it's in good condition I would try to get it for 900-1000.

Heres my old kxImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399521064.705056.jpg

bike seems to be in good condition, new plastics all around etc... has new forks and spring with a few extra parts

what would this be worth?

it is currently owned by a rider i met at the track that is new to the sport and looking for a 4 stroke. he is asking 1200 for it. i know it hasent been jumped or raced as he is not that good of a rider.

throw me numbers if ya would please

Hey Joey, well man I'll have to say it really depends too what the market looks like in your area.  Where I live, for that price, the bike better have some tricked out shit like plated pipe, etc.  In stock condition here where I am, I wouldn't pay anymore than five bills for it, but where you're at the market might be different.  I come across a lot of smokers down here, and it's just too bad I don't have the room, otherwise, I'd turn into a dirt bike hoarder.  How does the bike look? See if you can get the guy to snap up a picture and send it to you so you can post it.  I'm only telling you what I would pay for it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not worth the money he's asking for it.  It really depends on how it looks and of course runs. :devil:

We just sold our 02 kx125 (same as a '99) a couple weeks ago. It had brand new tires and plastics, all stock, and the motor had never even been opened up. It needed a few things but all minor. We sold it to a guy for 1600. We bought it for 1300 4 years ago and only spent money on tires and plastics. Not really sure how we sold it for 1600 but it was very nice looking. It depends on what area your from (I'm from ct and the prices are pretty high) but if it's in good condition I would try to get it for 900-1000.

Heres my old kxattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399521064.705056.jpg

I would say you got lucky lol.  Large dents in the pipe devalue it (at least for me) as the cost to replace is pricey.

I would say you got lucky lol. Large dents in the pipe devalue it (at least for me) as the cost to replace is pricey.

Yeah I threw in another dented pipe that I got on ebay for 20 bucks shipped that came with a perfect condition silencer. Fusion one pipe repair is in cromwell, ct and they charge 60 to blow the dents out and sandblast the pipe. It's nice because I don't have to pay for shipping since it's only 20 minutes away. We sold it on an am radio tag sale in our area haha. My dad never even tried to list it on craigslist because I don't think he really wanted to sell it. I was surprised because the tag sales audience usually isn't looking for dirt bikes.

It is hard for anyone to say without seeing the bike and knowing what they go for in your area.  Look on craigslist to get an idea of other people's ASKING price.

Around here any somewhat modern mx bike in good, rideable shape should be worth at least $1000. I could easily see $1200 for it the way that you described it.  Only bikes with issues start to fall into the 3-digit price category. 

That said, I paid $900 for a 1999 KX125 back in 2006. Needed tires, had no graphics, and the clutch basket was heavily notched. Fixed it, ripped on it for about a year, sold it for something like $1400-$1500.