Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Considering purchasing this CR250, is it worth the asking price?

I think the area has something to do with the price. In my area that bike would sell for that all day long. I also think (my area again) 2 stroke prices are going up slightly. I like to see that though. They hold value a little better than 4 strokes.

I think the area has something to do with the price. In my area that bike would sell for that all day long. I also think (my area again) 2 stroke prices are going up slightly. I like to see that though. They hold value a little better than 4 strokes.

This is also what I have noticed in my area as well. It seems that the 2 strokes are bringing anywhere from 250-500 dollars more than they were just a year or two ago. I paid 2500 for my 06 with title. Very low hours and motor had never been touched. Cosmetically it wasn't the greatest, but maybe that's just because of the rockstar graphics that it had on it. If an 05-07 comes up for sale, and that's a big IF, the asking price is 3k bare minimum. I am glad I bought mine when I did because people are starting to realize how great these bikes are and they are demanding top dollar. The market for the 2nd gen bikes hasn't changed a whole lot, but I notice that they are selling faster than they were last year.

I don't think that bike has been ridden.  The swingarm is cherry, the sprocket looks oem, and the cases are barely scuffed.  If it runs like new, and the dealer is otherwise a good dealer, I don't think that is an unreasonable price. 

• Like 2

That bike is worth $2,700 for retail pricing. Based on the pics, I would assume that it has less than 30 hours on it from new.

• Like 1

Price really does depend on the area you live in from what I've seen.  I'm not a fan of buying a used bike at the dealer, but the one in the pic you posted is a clean low hr. bike.  Below are a few examples in my area of 02-07 models for sale ranging from $2,500 - $3,500.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/4462785653.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/4429250048.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4458036490.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/4457601156.html

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/mcy/4453370638.html

Edited by H4L

I spent 1600$ on my 01 with (get this) less than 10 total hrs! Still had stock tires, nothing had been apart on it, basically gas and ride. So I would hold out, especially from a dealer. 

As some one pointed out typically you gonna pay a little more at dealer that's how it works they have too it doesn't mean there trying too rip you off every time they are a buisness. Personally if a price is reasonable and its exactly what I have be looking for I don't obsess about waiting and saving a couple bucks as much as some people do. Some times it's not worth the time And frustrations and possibly missing half the summer of good riding too save a few hundred dollars. And no I'm not rich either. I'm not saying go get ripped of either. This bike doesn't seem way of base too me and if you ride the piss out of I'm sure you will get your money's worth.

Edited by Mtrain730

Hey guys, I ended up picking up a 2002 CR250 for 2000 bucks. I'll post up pics later. Reading your replies you make me want to go back to that dealer. Hahaha

Anyways, I used the extra money to get a Keihin PWK air striker carb, new plastics, and the MX bonz airbox fix. Along with some new gear. I'm happy with my purchase, the bike runs great but doesn't look anywhere near as good as the 03 does. Oh well!

Edited by Mikepagjr
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I ended up picking up a 2002 CR250 for 2000 bucks. I'll post up pics later. Reading your replies you make me want to go back to that dealer. Hahaha

Anyways, I used the extra money to get a Keihin PWK air striker carb, new plastics, and the MX bonz airbox fix. Along with some new gear. I'm happy with my purchase, the bike runs great but doesn't look anywhere near as good as the 03 does. Oh well!

Awesome!!!! Please post the pics up...

• Like 1

While you guys are waiting for the CR250 pics...I just picked up this 2000 Suzuki GS500 from a guy who got in a small accident and got spooked and never rode it again.

1200 miles.

Paid $250 for it. That's not a typo...lol. Its flawless except for a paint chip 1399943544454.jpg

1399943560253.jpg

• Like 3

Trikes are sweet man. Always wanted to ride one but never did.

Here is my CR250 as she sits now. But the appearance is gonna change very soon!

1399993805684.jpg

1399993817689.jpg

1399993828137.jpg

1399993838290.jpg

1399993848758.jpg

1399993857829.jpg

The only big thing I have to fix is this compression bolt. I ordered the whole upper assembly for 50 bucks

1399993866667.jpg

• Like 1

attachicon.gif1399993805684.jpg

attachicon.gif1399993817689.jpg

attachicon.gif1399993828137.jpg

attachicon.gif1399993838290.jpg

attachicon.gif1399993848758.jpg

attachicon.gif1399993857829.jpg

The only big thing I have to fix is this compression bolt. I ordered the whole upper assembly for 50 bucks

attachicon.gif1399993866667.jpg

Congrats on the purchase, although I think the original bike you posted would have been a better deal for your money. At least now you have something badass to work on and get looking prime!

Congrats on the purchase, although I think the original bike you posted would have been a better deal for your money. At least now you have something badass to work on and get looking prime!

Yea, I feel the same way. The only reason I got this one was because I really needed to save the extra money and get some riding gear and that air striker carb. She's a strong runner though! I'll post up pictures when I have the new plastics on.

Also I forgot to mentioned the guy originally wanted 2500 but I got him down to 2000. In reality I should have payed like 1700. Oh well! That doesn't matter to me know. What's important is that I'm gonna ride the crap out of this thing :)

Edited by Mikepagjr

Yea, I feel the same way. The only reason I got this one was because I really needed to save the extra money and get some riding gear and that air striker carb. She's a strong runner though! I'll post up pictures when I have the new plastics on.

Also I forgot to mentioned the guy originally wanted 2500 but I got him down to 2000. In reality I should have payed like 1700. Oh well! That doesn't matter to me know. What's important is that I'm gonna ride the crap out of this thing :)

True &%$#@!in that man! Mix your gas and go rip

You just gonna have too get a extra 300 dollars of fun out of it Lol. This one still looks nice man. Ride that bad boy and don't look back. You can always fix what ever you don't like about it. That's part if the fun.

Good for you Mike :thumbsup:  You have a great bike now.  It's got what looks like brand new chain and sprockets, upgraded exhaust, great looking rubber, pillow top grips, cylinder doesn't look original so maybe a recent top end? 

I would say you did well.  Good job on budgeting for riding gear  ;)  Too many guys spent the whole wad on the bike and don't think about the safety gear, or the maintenance and repairs that most used bikes require...  Looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished product