1995 KDX200 question

I'm looking at a bike to buy in my area. The bike is mint and I have my heart set out on buying it but there's is one issue. The gentleman said it sometimes sticks when shifting from 4th to 5th gear. Now to my knowledge usually when a bike has shifting problems it's in the second and third gear because those are the most used gears. Now why would the 5th be sticking? Is it from being underused or from the oil maybe? Idk but I just don't want a bike that is gonna blow up on me because I don't have a ton of money. Does anyone have their input on it? Should I still buy it? Is this easily fixed? Thanks

It should be priced accordingly as the entire motor must come apart. Where in NY? KDX is a great ride. How much is he asking?

Edited by ickfinger

That is a MAJOR concern.

It should be priced accordingly as the entire motor must come apart. Where in NY? KDX is a great ride. How much is he asking?

Yeh I decided not to get it and I found another bike. It's located in Rochester my for 1300 OBO

Good job on passing on it.

with 1995 and up models commonly going for $1000 in decent shape, you did the right thing.

Good job on passing on it.

Yeh I found a 2001 in perfect shape which I'm going to pick up Saturday. So you guys are gonna hear a lot from me with questions soon lol. Thanks