2014 450's Deals!

California

I've been searching for another bike for awhile now. I'm just not in a position to where I want to let go of the cash. I was primarily looking at two strokes, but with all the deals out there on Japanese four strokes I'm really tempted. I just seen a add for Kawasaki, $1500 of and 0 Intrest for 60 months! I seen another ad for the 2014 yz for $6600.

Good gawd what's a guy to do?

Green sticker bike though if you get a 4t.  That way you can get a _ _ _ _ _ for it :thumbsup:

And, that's just an ad.  You need to be a "johnson" when it comes to deal time.

Edited by KennyMc

Ken, what you think of the new yz?

I haven't thought about any MX bikes for awhile.  Don't know anyone that even has the "newer" model with the backward tilted motor.  I had an '04 CRF450R before my WR.  Loved that bike.  Never have ridden an EFI bike though.

Build quality I'd put them in order Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki.  Performance...  pick a color you like.

i thought the same thing mx 4 stroke they cheaper rite

glad i bought a push button smokey

I haven't thought about any MX bikes for awhile.  Don't know anyone that even has the "newer" model with the backward tilted motor.  I had an '04 CRF450R before my WR.  Loved that bike.  Never have ridden an EFI bike though.

EFi bikes are diffidently good. But my two 2012 X's run really well for carbonated bikes too. It's just the EFi bikes are clean(green) and the future. Come on old-timer get with the times. :p  Which one of my "new bikes" do you want to test out at KM?? 

And break. . 

EFi bikes are diffidently good. But my two 2012 X's run really well for carbonated bikes too. It's just the EFi bikes are clean(green) and the future. Come on old-timer get with the times. :p  Which one of my "new bikes" do you want to test out at KM?? 

And break. .

One with a auto clutch.

And break. . 

Get with the times....at least the current model WR is EFI, the 450X still hasn't figured that out yet :p   You can bring the X's but i'll still ride my WR.  I like the way it's setup now with the YZ forks and the change in gearing.  I just got to figure out how to fall and not hurt myself.  Taking naps mid-ride seems to have helped, 'cept this last time, that nap was a bit too much :crazy:   Old-timer....pretty much, false tooth and all :eek:

Get with the times....at least the current model WR is EFI, the 450X still hasn't figured that out yet :p You can bring the X's but i'll still ride my WR. I like the way it's setup now with the YZ forks and the change in gearing. I just got to figure out how to fall and not hurt myself. Taking naps mid-ride seems to have helped, 'cept this last time, that nap was a bit too much :crazy: Old-timer....pretty much, false tooth and all :eek:

maybe I'm too cheap, but correct if I'm wrong the x hasn't changed much in the last 7 years besides plastics? I have a 2007

maybe I'm too cheap, but correct if I'm wrong the x hasn't changed much in the last 7 years besides plastics? I have a 2007

I believe you would be correct.  They went about 3-4 years and didn't even produce a new bike.  Yamaha did the same thing but I think it was only 2 years for the WR.  Just guessing on the years, prolly pretty close.

Well the 04 Hondas have the 500cc 2 stroke motor in them and are not efi...  or estart.   At least that's the way mine came...  :lol:

Well the 04 Hondas have the 500cc 2 stroke motor in them and are not efi...  or estart.   At least that's the way mine came...  :lol:

You're loving that huh?

Ya I really am...  it surprised me how much fun it is to ride as an everyday bike.  I thought it was silly to have plated it...  but did anyway.  Now glad I did.  If only you could get an e-button for that motor.  It starts 1st kick almost all of the time.  But still if you stall on a technical section on some cliff side trail that's a lousy place to have to kick any bike.

Kind of hoping Rick picks one up too...  they are fun. He's still shopping though. Our other buddy has an old wonderfully restored WR500 2 stroke.  Palmer has an awesome 250 restoration he's been riding...  More and more smokers are making a come back. Even some of these older ones with a nice suspension tune are awesome riding bikes. It's not just the newer 300 crowd that's sniffing napalm on the trail now. :thumbsup:

The few things I heard about those Hondas was that they were volatile, did you do anything to make it more trail-ish-sorta-like?

It sounds like I should stay on the AZ 300 look out.

The newer the motor the smoother the power delivery... is what they say.  The estart 300 is no doubt a very cool option.  And if you set it up right can be one very wicked racing machine...  or a mellow trail machine.  :thumbsup:

I need to az plate my 300. I'm a poor bitch tho and don't have the title yet

If you are leaning towards the 2 stroke, go that route.  There are plenty of yz250 smokers out there that you can pick up cheap and dump a few coins into and make it an awesome weapon.

If you are leaning towards the 2 stroke, go that route.  There are plenty of yz250 smokers out there that you can pick up cheap and dump a few coins into and make it an awesome weapon.

I do not understand why I do not see more.

I love the hell outta mine, I put about 250 miles on it in Havasu, handles on rails and has balls to boot! I'm probably gonna be upset once I ride my YZ300 again since it wont do wheelies at over 60mph like the 500 does. Once you learn to handle the power its really nice, and I use every bit of it! And yes I am still pocket sized! (118lbs as of last week).

The only problem is its a tire eater!!! Buying tires is fugging killing me for reals!!

plus the fact that I switch between 4 different bikes makes it that much worse, I dont get much on a rear tire hour wise because I steer with the rear. Since I ride this way those guys with trials tires dont like me...met a guy on the trail in AZ and he had a trials tire and said (we dont spin tire) I took that as, sorry guy you cant ride with me, lol.  Its cool cause nobody can keep up out there anyway... :naughty:

Well nobody as of yet anyway. But I know the trails pretty damn well.

Man you guys gotta come out and ride with me out there, so badass!

YZ250 06' and up, cant go wrong. thats what I did, became my favorite bike real quick! Seems to do everything really well without compromise if set up right.