Sign in to follow this  

2004 KTM 450 EXC

Ok folks I might have a chance to do some swapping for this bike. A Glock 45 and $500. It looks like its in good shape runs but then dies. The guy says it's got a cracked CDI unit. Does that sound right and do you think it's a deal?

Ok folks I might have a chance to do some swapping for this bike. A Glock 45 and $500. It looks like its in good shape runs but then dies. The guy says it's got a cracked CDI unit. Does that sound right and do you think it's a deal?

Dealer relocated mine because of this type of issue. Its factory mounted on stem left side below handle bars. Plain view.

Not too expensive to replace. But they relocated mine to the air box. It can get cracked in a crash mounted in factory location.

Anyhow, take the 2 bolts out and check it. If its cracked that could be true.

Hey thanks folks for the comments. The bike itself looks pretty good kept inside out of the weather. The guy said that the CDI unit got cracked while moving and he has bought a new one and doesn't want to mess with it. He has dropped his price from $2000.00 to $1500.00. So I told him I would do some horse trading with him for it.

If he has the new one, I would put it on and test it out before I traded anything or took it home. It won't take hours to do or anything, just plug it in and see what happens before you seal the deal.

Install the new CDI unit, takes less than five minutes. Fire it up and ride it around, if it stays running give him the Glock and call it even.

Post a picture of the bike when you can.

Yea that's the problem he doesn't have it and evidently isn't going to buy it or he already would have. I think I' just pass on it. He must not want to sell it very bad huh?

Something isn't right, if it's a simple CDI unit he could replace it and get 2 grand for the bike. Have you actually looked at it and it starts and drives, just cuts out after a while? So he bought a CDI and lost it......right. If he will take 500.00 buy it otherwise find another one.