Sign in to follow this  

should i trade my yz 125 for a rmz250?

i have an 04 yz 125 with a brand new athena race top end and wiseco crank, i have an opportunity to trade it for a really clean 04 rmz 250 which is stock other then a recent valve job and pro circuit slip on. is this a good deal or should i keep my yz? 

04-06 rmz250

04-05 kx250f

worst bikes ever built. first generation 4 strokes that even top race teams couldnt keep together.

04-06 rmz250

04-05 kx250f

worst bikes ever built. first generation 4 strokes that even top race teams couldnt keep together.

I hear that aside from the tranny issues they were very good bikes.

However I have no personal knowledge of them.

Thanks guys i think ill keep the yz do you really think the wiseco crank is junk?

Yeah, most people try to stay away from them. Pistons are good though as they're made in the US I believe. Cranks are made in china or Taiwan or something

Thanks guys i think ill keep the yz do you really think the wiseco crank is junk?

It's really hit and miss. Wiseco sells ALOT of cranks to people buying on a budget so in reality they probably have way more cranks out there therefore making it seem like failures are higher. Hard to really know but they have a reputation for big end bearings locking up for no reason. My local shop won't rebuild with anything wiseco besides top end kits. No bearings, crank etc. now the quad I put together before knowing about the wiseco issues is still running strong. But I won't be installing in another machine.

wiseco is hit and miss, they are more hit than miss but people like to spread bad news. That being said I wouldnt go cheaper than hot rods. They are cheaper than oem but have proven reliable.

Those rmzkxf hybrids had super weak valve trains, cams that would flat spot like they were made out of copper. I had so many friends who bought them back when they were new, maybe 25% made it through a season without a major failure.