Sign in to follow this  

2007 CR125 Kickstarter Pedal Stuck on the Shaft

I need to take my right side cover off but you need to remove the kickstarter pedal, this is the problem. My kickstarter pedal is stuck on the toothed shaft. it dosnt have a split to pry open either..... so any suggestions? is there a tool for this? 

I had the samething happen, I used heat but be very carful not to use too much because of the seal. I wiggled off then with a little pry here and there.

The splines may be rolled over a little on the shaft like mine and I always torque it :confused:

Open the kicker too the start position, now take out the bolt. If the shoulder of the bolt is big enough it will grab the arm and remove it as you loosen it. After looking at a pic, it should work.

Edited by ickfinger

Open the kicker too the start position, now take out the bolt. If the shoulder of the bolt is big enough it will grab the arm and remove it as you loosen it. After looking at a pic, it should work.

I kinda assumed he already did that

Ehat I did with mine is simultaneously pried with 2 hammers with the lever off. Slid right off with no problems. Try it

Ehat I did with mine is simultaneously pried with 2 hammers with the lever off. Slid right off with no problems. Try it

try my method first. Nothing personal, just dont like prying.

I too have used this method.