Sign in to follow this  

New YZ250f

After reading on here for quite a while, i finally picked up a bike!!

found a nice 2005 YZ250F last weekend and was able to pick it up today.

i'll be able to follow the kid around and i have a couple buddies that ride so i hope to hit up the trails and maybe a local track cuz i want to know what it feels like to do a jump..

anyways, cant wait for this weekend to ride it around some more.  thanks for the help and the input guys.

2005 YZ250F.jpg

• Like 1

After reading on here for quite a while, i finally picked up a bike!!

found a nice 2005 YZ250F last weekend and was able to pick it up today.

i'll be able to follow the kid around and i have a couple buddies that ride so i hope to hit up the trails and maybe a local track cuz i want to know what it feels like to do a jump..

anyways, cant wait for this weekend to ride it around some more.  thanks for the help and the input guys.

I love hearing this. I got into dirtbikes when my son was about nine. We got hooked. He started racing at 12 and worked his way up to the pro class by the time he was 18. He is 23 now and doing other good things now but man do I have so many great memorys riding with him and watching him race. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

thanks guys.

when i picked the bike up last night, the guy fired it right up, reved it, no problems.

then i got home and i rode it around the yard and it was hard to ride, kept dying and i had to give it a bit of gas to get it started....

i need to get used to the fuel shutoff switch and to turn it on and off.  once i turned it on, it was able to rev right up with no issues like it had when i was looking at it.  it was too dark to ride but knowing i made a stupid mistake and i know how to fix it made me feel better.

i turned it back off and put it up after that.

looking forward to saturday so i can chase the kid around the yard...lol

• Like 1

anything i need to look at right off the bat besides oil change?

chain and sprocket need some TLC but they are still ok.

seals were replaced a year ago and have seal savers on them but no telling how much riding was done in between then and now.  they seem to be working good now, when should i start looking at them?

i'll be getting a manual asap.

05 was a good bike

FYI forks need to have the air bled from them or they can seep if pressure builds.

Read your Manuel on how to do this. It's quick and simple and will have an effect on your ride, especially track

• Like 1

Watch out on those "jumps" at the local track. They are fun but they can bite you if you aren't used to them. Start off on the vet track and get used to jumping the tables first. It's harder than it looks.

BTW, great bike and it nearly indestructible. The YZs aren't the best trail bike but they will do it. But they are in their element at the track. Enjoy!

Rode the bike around the yard with the kid on saturday and we had a blast.  my yard is definitely too small for the 250 but for the  kid, its ok.  i didnt get out of first gear but once and that was just to try it.  it bogged way too much because i couldnt get fast enough for that so i kept it in first.

looking to get out to a bigger place so i can have some more fun myself.  riding with the kid was fun too though.  as soon as i get him all the gear(missing boots and chest protector) i'll take his training wheels off and see what he can do.