Sign in to follow this  

Wheelies, log crossings with Rekluse clutch

Hello,

I just installed a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 on my 350 XCF-W.

While It works wonders on the extreme rocky terrain, it doesn't seem to do well at lifting the front wheel when trying to use the clutch.

I can hold it in 1st or 2nd, chop the throttle and give it a hand full and the front will rise, alot at times. When trying to clutch it at lower speed it seems to slip or the rear wheel spins.

Am I doing something wrong or should I just give up the autoclutch all together. I want to master wheelies and if the autoclutch will prevent this from happening I will get rid of it.

Thanks for help or advise.

How do the rekluses work for snapping over logs? Just fine? I can get over big ones but seem to stall on the other side half the time, my bike doesnt really idle tho, might get a rekluse on next bike tho

hmmmm...sounds to me like you need an adjustment. I can snap the front end up over anything I want with my pigbus.

I have z start in mine and I could not wheelie at all before, now, let off throttle,tap front brake , handful of throttle and yeehaw. But! I had a month or so of tuning the Rekluse to my riding. Tons of snap, great in climbs and enough engine braking to rail corners without ever touching brakes. like my personal e-ticket ride

• Like 1

I tried the Z start pro for a year... I am back to a regular clutch and have no plans to ever get an auto clutch again. I ride mountain singletrack and found that it actually hampered my riding, as using clutch modulation to get over obstacles is essential, and with the auto clutch it did not engage or feel like normal, so I tended to do a poor job of modulating it.The Core is different and feels more like a regular clutch so YMMV though. Also, when the bike is off there is no engine braking to keep it from rolling downhill. You will never see a trials bike with an auto clutch.. Watch vids of Toni Bau riding and learn from him. 2Ply also has good videos to learn from as far as clutching over obstacles

Edited by n16ht5
  • Like 1

I run the hard eng spring and 24 balls. My riding buddies will not go anywhere near my bike while its running. Touch the throttle and its going somewhere. I kept my clutch lever on while I dialed it in but now I never touch it. Ride Colorado rocky singletrack with tubliss front and rearwith AT 81's at 9 psi rear 13 front.

Give it gas in the proper gear and go over said log.... BTW I run the medium springs in my exp2.0

I get over logs and ditches with far less effort and more importantly without hardly any misstakes. The EXP 2.0 really made my KX450F my all time fav. And I can still do alright on the motocross track without any mods.

I get over logs and ditches with far less effort and more importantly without hardly any misstakes. The EXP 2.0 really made my KX450F my all time fav. And I can still do alright on the motocross track without any mods.

Yea and not having to find nuetral or hold the clutch when u come up to stuff , I think ill want an auto clutch on my next bike.

• Like 1