Sign in to follow this  

XR400 Tagged

Hey guys I have a '98 XR400R I want to get tagged but the title says offroad only. Is there anyway to get it tagged or am I just screwed?

Call your local DMV and tell them you are wanting to tag it and they can fill you in on what you need. Before I bought one that was already tagged I looked into it in my state and the DMV was very helpful.

• Like 1

In Colorado, the inclusion of the clause "for off road use only" on the title or bill of sale is what allows you to change its designation to street legal.  Without it, you can't plate it.

• Like 1

Hope it's the same way in my state. If I wasn't in the middle of moving I'd call the dmv and check it out.

I have a 98 frame with a PA MC title for sale. This would be a very easy way to put it on the road.

If I have to go that far I will just keep it offroad riding. Have two other dual sport bikes '06/'13 crf250X/L.

In NC I'm told they've recently toughened the rules for tagging our XRs. I need to call DMV to confirm the details, but the word was if you have no title or off-road only title, no tag :thumbsdn:

I will ship anywhere in the states. Make an offer. text me 570-419-7807