Sign in to follow this  

Tranny leak from sprocket...

Well it speaks for it's self. I rode it for about 5-10 then parked my bike to notice a little bit of tranny fluid coming from underneath my sprocket. So I looked under the bike to see if the case was cracked but nope. I traced it back up to behind the sprocket coming out of the sprocket axle. So all I can think is that a seal is bad. If it is, would I have to split the case to get to it or would it be a easy fix?

~~~1997 Rm 125~~~

No u don't split the case. Take the sprocket off take the seal out and lube up another one and put it n

As stated above. Pull the collar that the seal seals up-to off of the output shaft first. It will make seal removal easier and there are a couple o-rings between that collar and the output shaft.

Edit: Sorry, I should have read more thoroughly. I know the 250's are set up this way.

Edited by paddymotodaddy

I used a heat gun to heat up the seal then get a pick and pull it out. Some people put a screw in the seal and put vice grips on the screw and pull

Go to Rocky Mountain atv. Go to oem. The put your info. Go to transmission. On a 1997 rm 125