Sign in to follow this  

tall bike

i need a bike that is tall i currently have a 2009 crf230f its a great bike but to small and to underpowered i sat on my dads 2002 wr250f its a good height at 998mm seat height but a 2007 crf250r is only at 965mm what seat height would i really need im 185cm tall i was looking at a 2003 exc200 with a seat height of 925 would this be to small of a bike?

i need a bike that is tall i currently have a 2009 crf230f its a great bike but to small and to underpowered i sat on my dads 2002 wr250f its a good height at 998mm seat height but a 2007 crf250r is only at 965mm what seat height would i really need im 185cm tall i was looking at a 2003 exc200 with a seat height of 925 would this be to small of a bike?

ktms are for you

post in feet and inches for us older guys her our brain dead. But ktm are built good for tall guys. One of my good friends is 6.4 he rides a smoker 300 loves it...I'm 5.8 220 he's 240 I can barely touch the ground I have two 13s 250sx rmz 450.

I can touch the ground better on the jap bike than on the ktm but I doesn't bother me I ride both like it's my last time I get to ride.PS that means beat the shit out of them. Get yourself a ktm and enjoy:D

As mentioned KTM are typically pretty good for tall riders. I'm 6'2" and I ride a YZ250 with tall bars, fits me like a glove. Only bikes I've felt were a bit too short were Honda and Suzuki. I had a KX250 that was a bit on the small side but some tweaking of linkage/forks sorted it out. 

It also all depends on preference. Some guys might feel comfortable on a bike that others of the same height would feel cramped on. Tall seats, tall bars (and risers), and suspension adjustment can sometimes make the difference you need without forcing yourself to buy a particular bike just because it is taller