Sign in to follow this  

Premix ratio jetting effects

The oil ratio has a negligible affect on the air/fuel ratio. For example, a 20:1 oil ratio is 5% oil, 95% fuel. A 40:1 oil ratio is 2.5%, 97.5% fuel. That's only a 2.5% difference in the amount of fuel flowing through the jet, which is less than a jet size.

I run Lucas semi-synthetic at @ 24:1 in all my 2T bikes. It's a fairly light viscosity oil so I use more of it. Our tracks are pretty sandy so the bikes get ridden at WOT a lot, which also requires more oil. RPM and oil viscosity determines the proper oil ratio.

this has been my expeirence as well. tried a bunch of different ratios, and despite the fact that it does richen or lean the fuel mixutre, in a real life scenario it doesnt affect anything noticibly.

im really surprised about the guy who bought the ktm and is going back to the honda. going to look for the thread now. that says a lot for the honda IMO.

Can anybody else verify this? I've switched between 40:1 and 50:1 without noticing a difference. I know CamP is a smart man but I just wanted to verify.

Edited by ace402

Less oil  per cc means more gas per cc, which is RICHER

So if you lean your mixture, you are enriching your jetting.

If you jetting is spot on, it's a negligible effect.

If it's typical, meaning barely usable jetting  it will be noticeable.

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick