Sign in to follow this  

S3 Head

Good day. I just received a S3 head for my 2014 300RR. A couple questions that I hope will receive several answers. Should I change my stock spark plug to a hotter plug if I run the high compression dome? Will I need to change my jetting? I don't want this to turn into a race fuel topic but which fuel would be best without changing the jetting? I will let you know how she works.

cylinder%20head(1).png

Good day. I just received a S3 head for my 2014 300RR. A couple questions that I hope will receive several answers. Should I change my stock spark plug to a hotter plug if I run the high compression dome? Will I need to change my jetting? I don't want this to turn into a race fuel topic but which fuel would be best without changing the jetting? I will let you know how she works.

Higher compression creates more heat ,all things being equal. Stick to the stock plug for now.

What elevation will you be operating at? From what I understand the S3 is still relative low compression that will not require race fuel

Stock jetting should be fine

Edited by enmerdeur

Why not just do compression and squish measurements for each of the domes and know for sure?  Reuse your old orings and new ones for final assy. FWIW, I just don't get the S3 head thing.  I think your far better off having RBD precisely mod your stock head if you feel the need.  I may do this when top end time comes but judging by performance and milage things are pretty good stock, at least for me.

GP is right.Just bolting on a aftermarket head without knowing your starting and finishing specs is akin to a shot in the dark.You may gain something by just bolting it on but you may also end up leaving a lot on the table so to speak. Blueprinting is the key to reliability and horsepower.

Edited by widebear