Sign in to follow this  

Motocross drug testing

after listening to the pulp show and hearing them chat about some of the things that were out now….what is your thoughts on this?  any list of things that are out? I'm kinda lazy and don't want to look it up right now. 

http://www.cyclenews.com/648/24354/Racing-Article/Drug-Testing-In-Place-For-AMA-Motocross-Series.aspx

I think it's why RV is staying home

He may be tested anyway.

Im not saying anyone is doping, but if they were, the guys helping them know enough to beat the test they will be performing. 

• Like 1

Im not saying anyone is doping, but if they were, the guys helping them know enough to beat the test they will be performing.

If that's the case, why do Olympic athletes get busted?
  • Like 2

If that's the case, why do Olympic athletes get busted?

Ask the olympic athletes that.

It took how many years for them to catch Lance, and that was because the kept blood that was later tested when they knew what to look for. The guys that know what they are doing low dose or use slow release methods that dont raise the testosterone levels too high at once but are still effective, if they get caught,they dont know what they are doing. Plus these trainers have blood doping down to science and they will never catch that unless they really screw up.

• Like 1

Wouldn't blow my mind if pro's were blood doping, definitely an edge to keep strength during a moto

Edited by Arctic Pride

Blood doping is common in cycling for endurance and would probably be used in SX/MX more than anabolic steroids, especially when you think about how much cycling is used for the pros physical training and some are run by world class cyclists....

I hope they don't do testing. I did one cycle and I was an instant animal. I want to watch the other animals ride like hell.

Villapoto lied about racing the nationals knowing damn well he wasn't going to race.   Is his credibility now suspect in regards to the PEDs? 

Didn't he say during an interview something about putting up 50K to find out winner take all?  

level the playing feel, make them mandatory.

And if you are caught. ...100 point deduction and fined. If you are caught again....banned for life and all titles taken away.
  • Like 2

I think they should test RV even though he's not racing the nationals. I'm an RV fan but I want the truth.

• Like 2

I wish none of them are doing it. Don't want to know that the greats of my era were...

• Like 1

I think they should test RV even though he's not racing the nationals. I'm an RV fan but I want the truth.

If he was caught would you want him to forfeit all championships?  Could Kawi, etc go after him like all of Lance's former sponsors are doing?  Could you imagine how much it would suck to have busted ass as hard as Poto to get popped and then lose it all?  The thought makes me sick to think about. 

• Like 2

If he was caught would you want him to forfeit all championships? Could Kawi, etc go after him like all of Lance's former sponsors are doing? Could you imagine how much it would suck to have busted ass as hard as Poto to get popped and then lose it all? The thought makes me sick to think about.

If he cheats and it's proved that whoever finished second to him didn't, then yes. They should be awarded his titles.
  • Like 1

I find it pretty amazing they aren't testing these guys on a mandatory basis.  

• Like 2

i read once that if they awarded the tour de france medal for 2004, i think, to the highest finisher that never tested positive for PED's it would go to something like 25th place.  

• Like 2