Sign in to follow this  

Suspension?

Looking at a 250RR 2014, who is the go to guy for Suspension?

I had Trail Tricks do my KTM and it was the best I have ever tried, and I have tried them all!! But alas they are no more :(

So I need a "new guy"

Bundy

Take a moment and talk to Les @ LTR, LT Racing.

The Sachs stuff has come a long way, since they were first introduced. He has some Beta 2014 stuff apart presently. 

I would talk to Dave at Get Dirty Dirt Bikes. He not only sells Beta's but races them as well. He does full blown suspension services for anything from trail riding to hard core pro level racing.

I know Les for a long time, he has done all my GGs over the years, and has gone out of his way many times.  He does an awesome job and will explain it, not just hand you a cookie cutter valve spec.  Since he knows me and what I like I had him tweak the Sachs shock on my '13 300RR Race.  It didn't need a lot of work, but I wanted a specific area addressed without compromising the others too much.  As I do my own forks now, I know this can be tougher than fixing a big mess.  I got exactly what I wanted.  He likely knows the Sachs better than anyone since he was the go to guy for GG and Husky riders for years now. 

Just choose a tuner that rides and/or in or tunes for your terrain, and knows the hardware. 

I know Les for a long time, he has done all my GGs over the years, and has gone out of his way many times.  He does an awesome job and will explain it, not just hand you a cookie cutter valve spec.  Since he knows me and what I like I had him tweak the Sachs shock on my '13 300RR Race.  It didn't need a lot of work, but I wanted a specific area addressed without compromising the others too much.  As I do my own forks now, I know this can be tougher than fixing a big mess.  I got exactly what I wanted.  He likely knows the Sachs better than anyone since he was the go to guy for GG and Husky riders for years now. 

Just choose a tuner that rides and/or in or tunes for your terrain, and knows the hardware. 

That last sentence is HUGE! And yes, Les is a great guy/tuner. Sure hope his health continues to be good.

I just sent my shock and forks for my 250 race to Stillwell. Will post up a ride report once I get a few days of riding on it. I was almost going to buy the fox shock but am going to give the sachs a chance.

• Like 1

Since your in California,  Talk to Travis at TBT.  He did My 250rr and I couldn't be happier.