Sign in to follow this  

Making it to Loretta Lynn's what does it take

I am just starting racing locally this year on a cr125 and hope to try to make it to Loretta Lynn's next year on a cr250, how hardd would it be to make it there and how much money is put into making it there. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there.

I am just starting racing locally this year on a cr125 and hope to try to make it to Loretta Lynn's next year on a cr250, how hardd would it be to make it there and how much money is put into making it there. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there.

how fast are you? Are you sponsored? Are your parents will to drop thousands and take time off of work for you to go all important questions
  • Like 1

I'm not that fast but I'm not the slowest guy out there and if I did it it would be a self supported thing

• Like 1

not to be a dick but, good f'ing luck, i've been racing for about 4 years now and am barely worthy of the B class in the woods granted that doesn't mean it couldn't be done, there would just have to be ALOT of raw talent to do it that fast.

on a lighter note, why not just try something like, i want to win 5 races this year or i want 5 podiums. it's alot easier and makes the whole racing thing alot more fun.
the guys that go to lorettas are majorly homeschooled and have very little life outside the sport, i eat and sleep it but man, i dont think i could be riding everydamn day 9-5 and then go work on the bike afterwards.
like i said just have fun. for alot of us it's too late to be that good or that in shape, it'd be fun to be able to hit it that big like so many have, but at the same time, i wouldn't trade my group of friends i've made in the local race scene for anything.

• Like 4

What're you racing? I'm not sure how hard it is but first you got to qualify. So you're going to have to find a place where they are having the qualifying. If you think you're fast enough go for it. Im not sure how it all works but after that you're going to have to afford however many days you race at loretta lynns, if it's anything like world minis you'll race probably 4-6 days, I cant really remember. Now think moneywise. You're going to have to probably change oil after every race, fuel to get there fuel for your generator, any parts you may need, gate fees, race fees, food/water, you need to wash your gear somewhere, then you have to beat some of the fastest novice riders and some sandbaggers. Trust me it's not worth it. Race locally for a while, after you start winning and keep winning then I say give it a shot, but for now slow down and start winning races. You're ultimate goal is to make it to lorettas but you have to be prepared for it. You live one life and it's awesome you want to go to lorettas, if you do make it it'll be a great experience!

• Like 1

Sandbagging. that is what it takes for many to make loretta lynns. good luck

• Like 2

Lots of $$$$. Its not really hard to make it to a regional race but regionals are a whole nother story. Only top 6-8 make it to the big race and probably top 12-15 thats all they train for. Go try an area qualifier just to get a taste. Have fun.

• Like 1

This is what is was thinking of doing just seeing how far I can make it and if I don't then it was still worth the shot

This is what is was thinking of doing just seeing how far I can make it and if I don't then it was still worth the shot

I don't think you're hearing most people. No offense, but you have no shot. You would need more raw talent than Ricky Carmichael to even make the race after only 1 short year of racing. Work on realistic goals like advancing to your local b class.