San Diego & Temecula riding and riders thread

seeing as how dez season is pretty much over with these crazy temps, and i dont have a plated bike, i'm planning on doing some local riding here in SD/Temec. 

local to me is <1hour drive from my place (the gem of North County; Escondildo). so that would be Ramona, East of Temecula, Coral Canyon and other East County spots, etc. 

in case anyone wants to get together and ride, post up and lets get some rides going  :cheers:

Edited by imd450

Good idea man. I am over here in Murrieta/Menifee area, on the verge of getting my XR400 street legal.

What kind of bike do u have? I suggest getting it plated because there is a lot of cool spots in this area that I know of(palomar mt, ortega, anza, idlywild, elsinore to corona, etc..)

But if not still a good thread to get a lot of local people on the same page for future rides.

Edited by IEadventureRIDERZ

i'm currently on a '05 Honda CRF450R, so thanks to CA DMV i wont be plating this bike even if i wanted to  :lame:

eventually down the road a plated bike would be nice...but i simply dont have room in the garage for it right now. 

plus, there are plenty of places to ride out here....ya just gotta know where the rangers hang out and where they dont...or have a bike thats faster than they are willing to go :moon:  ?

anyone wanna ride next week? if so, lets shoot for later in the week since Mon & Tues are supposed to be hotter than Jenny McCarthy shooting an AR15 while riding a dirtbike....

Any non plated, red stickered bike is off limits everywhere but private lands and posting meet up spots of places other than MX tracks or your buddies 5 acre back yard on a public forum is probably not a good idea. 

Gonna ride out to Wildomar OHV area today. Should be there around noon for a couple hrs of easy hill climb action. If anyone wants to meet up there is a large staging area up at the top and about 500 acres of trails to explore..

Any non plated, red stickered bike is off limits everywhere but private lands and posting meet up spots of places other than MX tracks or your buddies 5 acre back yard on a public forum is probably not a good idea. 

:lame:

Edited by imd450

Conrad is right, it's the law in CA.

oh i know, trust me....but when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty   :cheers:

if you wanna ride your bike on a track all summer long, have at it. 

oh i know, trust me....but when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty :cheers:

if you wanna ride your bike on a track all summer long, have at it.

I ride trails all summer long, when I get my bike back together, it took a beating at Sunfair I'll show you. I ride one track Cahuilla only in the summer. Edited by Dirt_Bound

:lame:

Trust me I free ride all the time w my red stickered bike during the off season. I know of A lot of hidden places where I won't get hassled by the man. I'm sure the main reason these places stayed this way cause I don't go on public forums and invite everyone and their brother to shred it up. The very few that I do tell I know well and I know they will have the same respect that I do for these places. I think the last ticket I got was about $200 and I really hate throwing my money away. So yeah go ahead and throw the "lame" card at me, I'm just giving a bit of advise from my own experiences. 

• Like 1

Trust me I free ride all the time w my red stickered bike during the off season. I know of A lot of hidden places where I won't get hassled by the man. I'm sure the main reason these places stayed this way cause I don't go on public forums and invite everyone and their brother to shred it up. The very few that I do tell I know well and I know they will have the same respect that I do for these places. I think the last ticket I got was about $200 and I really hate throwing my money away. So yeah go ahead and throw the "lame" card at me, I'm just giving a bit of advise from my own experiences. 

you know, i was big in mountianbiking a few years back, i raced DH and XC. and although i loved the sport, i absolutely hated the mentality that some mtb'rs had about not sharing any spots or posting videos or group rides. these guys thought that if just one single video or group ride was posted online from some cool unknown spot it would bring in kooks from all over the country, and the spot would be forever lost. 

i also experienced that same attitude from a few guys while out surfing... ?

consequently, i stopped hanging out (riding or surfing) with these guys because i just couldn't stand that mentality. there are plenty of ways to protect your spots without going 'underground'.  

look, i understand that we gotta protect our spots....but my Q is at what cost? do we really have to turn all a$$hat on eachother? i'm sure some land managers (i.e. rangers) occasionally scour the webz for info about illegal spots or riding. but trust me, with times the way they are, they dont have the time or resources to go all Sherlock Homes on one post about riding a red sticker on public land bike during summer. 

keep in mind, and in my defense, i didnt post any directions or exact locations (besides Coral Canyon which isnt an 'off-the-grid' spot)....did i? i know better than that. 

once enough people showed interest, we switch it all over to PM's or xchange numbers and text it out. you arent dealing with 12 year old kids here Conrad  :naughty:

Edited by imd450