Sign in to follow this  

03 CR250

hello this is my first post ! I recently just got a 03 cr250 not even a week ago it was completely stock and im having an issue with it. the bike seems to idle fine.. I have rode it once since I got it and it seems that while your riding the bike and your in gear it will go fine but when you pull the clutch in after about 2 seconds with it pulled in and off the throttle it stalls! but if you get back on the throttle it starts back up and goes but same problem when ever I am making a corner or coming to a stop.. what could this problem be ?  im assuming it the jetting or possible a chipped reed ? any help cause as of now im completely stumped ! :bonk:

Its a mx bike, its not meant to sit around idling. In fact some bikes of the 80's didn't have an idle circuit at all. Just turning up the idle may make the engine run on slightly when the throttle is chopped. It sounds like its idling just the way it's supposed to. Turning that idle screw could just turn the bike into a plug fouling pig without proper follow-up.

Edited by ickfinger

I have an 02 and it idles fine has the Keihin carb with JD jet's. However after riding and coming to a stop it does idle a lil slow for a couple seconds but then picks back up.