Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of 06ish yz250, what's a good price on these

Thinking of gettin an 05/06ish yz 250, and setting it up for woods. I live in southern illinois, say for a clean, well taken car of, 06 yz250, what is a fair price. I've seen a few clean ones for 3k, but that seems a little high. Dont want to get ripped off

If you can, get the 06 or newer as it has the SSS suspension. I have seen them anywhere from $2000-$3000 myself.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. Definitley aiming for 06 or newer. How are yz250's in the woods in stock form? I had a 200xcw and loved it in the woods, I'm sure the yz's are alot more aggressive. I would probably get a 13oz FWW, gnarly with q stealth silencer, dont know if i would drop gearing some tho. I just want it to be as rider friendly as possible in tight stuff

damn americans, hard to find a nice yz250 here for less than 4500

I won a championship in the woods on a bone stock 13 yz250. Did absolutely nothing. Just put a GYTR 8.4 Fww and it is not allowed off. Perfect for traction and to keep the bike running when you hit the ground but it still keeps the snap in the throttle that the stealthy losses.

GoYamaha

Thanks for the tips. Definitley aiming for 06 or newer. How are yz250's in the woods in stock form? I had a 200xcw and loved it in the woods, I'm sure the yz's are alot more aggressive. I would probably get a 13oz FWW, gnarly with q stealth silencer, dont know if i would drop gearing some tho. I just want it to be as rider friendly as possible in tight stuff

This topic has been beaten like a dead horse. The yz 250 in stock form is an mx bike, it's fast and explosive. The suspension is stiff. Great woods bike stock? Hardly. Can it be done? Sure. My yz250 is by far the best bike I've ever ridden in the woods, I love it and that's coming off KTM. Now, the yz has great suspension and super versatile. With a good, quality revalve by a reputable woods guy and some motor mods the yz is an excellent, capable, and proven woods machine. Scrap the steahly fww and get the gytr weighted fly wheel, 8.4oz. Have the head done for the fuel of your preference, fmf gnarly, and some quality port work and you're set. Edited by Woodsweapon350

The yz 250 in stock form is an mx bike, it's fast and explosive. The suspension is stiff. Great woods bike stock?

IMO the faster your ride the harsher settings are perfect. Put even a harsher spring in the shock went from 4.9 to 5.4.

IMO the faster your ride the harsher settings are perfect. Put even a harsher spring in the shock went from 4.9 to 5.4.

That's a crazy thing to say...The valving on a stock YZ is designed to soak up big hits, not little piddly stuff. Off road valving is completely different.

And springs are according to wieght, not riding style.