Sign in to follow this  

shrouds ?

looking at upgrading my sticker kit on my 05 x. how far off are the 450r 05 and 06 radiator shrouds compared to the 05x? will an 05r sticker kit fit an 05x?

Edited by crc70

They are off a fair bit.  The top section of the X shroud is a different length.  I had a "friend" put an IMS 2005 R tank on his X and the result was some bowed out and funky looking shrouds.  He didn't care because the tank was free to him.  I sure would have cared.

The decals fit, but again, don't line up quite right (see above).  If you aren't trying to match the graphics to a seat cover they are passable, but not close to perfect.

I did not do this to the X I had, but I had a friend that did do the decals for an R on his.  It was okay, but not great.  Was still better than how beat up the stock shrouds were before he put the graphics on them.

They make plenty of X sticker kits, you just need to look a bit harder than you would for an R. They aren't something that most local shops would carry, but there's a fair bit on the internet.