Sign in to follow this  

Washington North end dual sport conversion inspections

Does anyone have any shop recommendations for getting a dual sport conversion inspection done in the Bothell, Lynnwood,Everett, Woodinville area?  Just about to start converting my 2012 300 XC.

My buddy just did his 09 300 xcw and he went to Coyote Offroad in Snohomish. They actually did the conversion and I was pretty impressed with how it turned out. And I'm not sure if its true but he said they are the only place that will do 2 strokes???

• Like 1

Does anyone have any shop recommendations for getting a dual sport conversion inspection done in the Bothell, Lynnwood,Everett, Woodinville area? Just about to start converting my 2012 300 XC.

lynnwood motoplex did mine for 75.00 in march the year the law took effect.

My buddy just did his 09 300 xcw and he went to Coyote Offroad in Snohomish. They actually did the conversion and I was pretty impressed with how it turned out. And I'm not sure if its true but he said they are the only place that will do 2 strokes???

Not at all true, we do them all the time.

• Like 1

Coyote does the most thorough findings of compliance and documentation that I have seen.

When they sign off your paperwork, you can de sure that your bike meets the letter of the law.

. . . .and they are nice guys too.

No disrespect towards anyone else doing a very good compliance inspection job, I just have not had a chance to meet everyone doing this work.

just find an italian made husqvarna. Then go to dot and pay for your plate

+1 for coyote offroad. They did a great job on my 2013 KTM 300 XC last year. The only thing I was unhappy with was unrelated to their work but the switch to toggles the lights got water in it while snowbiking and the blinkers were stuck on and draining my battery. You get what you pay for and I opted for the cheapest parts to get me street legal.

Who can I pay to sign off my piece of paper so I can plate a bike I left in CA?   I really don't wanna drag it all the way back up here?  Can't I get a licensed vehicle inpector and a notary for VIN identification?  They won't give me a plate down there cuz they are akin to the Nazis :D

• Like 1

I had my 300 inspected by Coyote offroad.

I did all the work myself, they did a very thorough inspection.

Now my local dealer does them (PAPower) so I had them inspect my OSSA- just needed to add Side reflector stickers, everything else was already there from the factory.

At 100:1 and fuel injection there isn't much smoke coming out!

At 100:1 I would suspect it doesn't rev real high?

I think maybe 8000 rpm, but in reality it spends most of the time below 4k rpm.

Loads of low end torque- not a big reason to rev the heck out of it.

I guess if I could climb 10' rock walls I'd rev it more. (Saw a pro do that at the last trial-wow!)

Thanks guys, I will give Coyote Offroad a call.

I think maybe 8000 rpm, but in reality it spends most of the time below 4k rpm.

Loads of low end torque- not a big reason to rev the heck out of it.

I guess if I could climb 10' rock walls I'd rev it more. (Saw a pro do that at the last trial-wow!)

I suspect it would struggle with a 5 mile transfer section at wide open.

Who can I pay to sign off my piece of paper so I can plate a bike I left in CA?   I really don't wanna drag it all the way back up here?  Can't I get a licensed vehicle inpector and a notary for VIN identification? 

It is my understanding of the law that the dealership or repair shop must be licensed by the State of Washington, so that likely rules out any out of state businesses.

Maybe if someone you know has a shop licensed here and was already traveling to near where your bike is located you could hire them to do the inspection while they are in town.

• Like 1