Sign in to follow this  

03 kx 125 wheels on a 01 kx 125?

I have a 01 kx 125. I have to replace or re lace my rear wheel. The spokes are all seized, loose, and some are missing. There are some 03 kx 125 wheels on ebay pretty cheap, complete with the rotor and sprocket. Would I be able to install 01 wheel bearing in a 03 wheel and use it on my 01 bike with the 01 spacers and axle? Will the rotor line with the caliper? Will the front and rear sprockets line up?

I have a 01 kx 125. I have to replace or re lace my rear wheel. The spokes are all seized, loose, and some are missing. There are some 03 kx 125 wheels on ebay pretty cheap, complete with the rotor and sprocket. Would I be able to install 01 wheel bearing in a 03 wheel and use it on my 01 bike with the 01 spacers and axle? Will the rotor line with the caliper? Will the front and rear sprockets line up?

I don't know off hand. I can't remember what years they were different.  Until someone who knows for sure can answer, did you check out the kawasaki website for part numbers to see if they match?

I know 03-05 uses a larger diameter axle so the inner race of the bearing will be larger and the rotor only has 4 blots were the 99-02 has 6.

I'm thinking if the outter races of the wheel bearings are the same size, 01 wheel bearings will work in the 03 wheel. Then if the rotor is the same size and the offset is the same the rear brake will be good the go with the 03 rotor and 01 caliper. Then if the sprocket offset is the same I'll be god there too. And lastly if the hubs are the same width the 01 spacers will work too.

Edited by Freakncuttlefish