Sign in to follow this  

I want to make my scooter cool

Well i thought for my first post, id ask what to do to my bike to make it look... Well awesome. I was thinking of getting the frame powder coated black and getting red pegs and red asv levers. What are some other things that i can do? Cheap (not over $200 a mod). Thanks! I was thinking more nic nacky things like axel blocks or something like that. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399586998.459704.jpg

Good. The only complaint is headshake. And im too cheap to buy a steering damper

If you are too cheap to by a steering damper why are you wasting money on bling? The graphics, numbers, blue spokes, etc. plus your $200 useless upgrade would get you a damper.

Powder coating isn't cheap and I doubt $200 will get you anywhere with that "upgrade."

• Like 2

If you are too cheap to by a steering damper why are you wasting money on bling? The graphics, numbers, blue spokes, etc. plus your $200 useless upgrade would get you a damper.

Powder coating isn't cheap and I doubt $200 will get you anywhere with that "upgrade."

My buddy has a powder coating company. I bought the bike used for very cheap. Well cheap for most of the bikes in my area. It was race maintained and has just about everything done to it. Im just looking for fun little things to add to it. Geez. Im getting the frame, axel blocks, and brake reservoir cover for $90.

Brawp

Good. The only complaint is headshake. And im too cheap to buy a steering damper

If your getting a lot of headshake it's probably something mechanical that can be fixed or adjusted.  Maybe sag isn't set correctly,  clickers on forks could be out of whack, bike could be set up for different sized guy then you are.  There are lots of things you can try before buying a steering damper.  That will just mask the problem. 

Not saying steering dampers don't have their place.  I've almost been tossed from a street bike because of headshake and I've nearly had a tank slapper on the dirt but headshake is rare not common for my bikes. 

rip it apart, clean iut and have the frame powdercoated a nice gloss blue,  200$ should do it

• Like 1

colorrite.com will have touch up paint to match your bike, looks like the frame needs it.  You could pull off the engine side covers, sand blast them and paint with VHT engine enamel.  Holds up really good and cheaper than powder coating.  Otherwise it sounds like you're after useless bling.  

Nothing wrong with useless bling! Powdercoated frame would look good.  I had powdercoated hubs on my old 125 and they got more compliments than any other bike ive ever had.  

I would start by cleaning it  :thumbsup: Mine has factory bling just cleanup what you got and spend money on parts that make it move. Although blue powdercoated frame with frame protectors would be nice looking if you can get it done cheap like you say.  :ride:

I was going to get the frame matte black, red hubs, red foot pegs, and red levers. I like the concept of having one random color on a bike. I love how kawis look with blue on them

Scars on the plastics and paint worn off the cases and frame from hours and hours of riding seem like the best bling to me....that will only cost you gas money.

• Like 2

Don't mean to knock anyones bike but is it just me or do matte black frames have that old spray painted stolen huffy bicycle look ?I do understand the red though, i would want a Honda too . :p

Best bling for that bike would be to take the handlebars off.... and then put a new KTM under them.  :lol:

• Like 1

Your bike look's great, how about frame guards that are black or blue  ? and they are not expensive.  I read the other day, a pro mx racer quoted,  15% motor and 85% handling ,  so possibly put some money into suspension ?

The coolest thing you can do to your bikes is go fast on it. Don't waste your money in bling just ride it