Are boots this uncomfortable?

Okay I just got my bike running and I was having trouble shifting. After getting off and walking for awhile my feet got really sore. I never have wore mx boots or rode in them . (Yes I am a newb) these are great boots too forma predators. I was wondering if it's normal cuz I haven't broke them in and aren't used to them? I used to ride in my army issued boots all the time.

There could be a couple of problems.

1. You gear lever could be too high or too low. Try running it flat or 1 above.

2. Forma boots are not necessarily the greatest boots, so they could take a while to break in. They are a run-of-the-mill type of boot. If you have the cash, try and buy some Alpinestars, Fox, Gearne, or Sidi boots.

• Like 1

It took me 3 trips before I was really comfortable in boots.  I started riding 20 years ago when I was 12 and dumb and never wore any gear so when I first got real boots it was like &%$#@!.  Now I wouldn't get on a bike without my boots. 

You will get use to them just give it some time.    

Edited by DirtSmoker250
  • Like 4

Thanks for the advice. My legs are so sore. I even shed a few pounds today. Just throwing your leg over the bike is a hell of a workout. I also am in good shape. Never again will I let someone say mx is easy. My gear lever is flat or I think so. Probably time to find a new one but I don't know any good ones. But for now I'll bump it up a bit.

It took me 3 trips before I was really comfortable in boots. I started riding 20 years ago when I was 12 and dumb and never wore any gear so when I first got real boots it was like &%$#@!. Now I wouldn't get on a bike without my boots.

2. Forma boots are not necessarily the greatest boots, so they could take a while to break in. They are a run-of-the-mill type of boot. If you have the cash, try and buy some Alpinestars, Fox, Gearne, or Sidi boots.

Thanks for the advice. My legs are so sore. I even shed a few pounds today. Just throwing your leg over the bike is a hell of a workout. I also am in good shape. Never again will I let someone say mx is easy. My gear lever is flat or I think so. Probably time to find a new one but I don't know any good ones. But for now I'll bump it up a bit.
  • Like 1

It took me 3 attempts to adjust the fitting of my boots before I got it right. If I had them so they fit nice for walking they hurt riding. If they fit for riding they hurt walking. Now they are good for both. Play around with the tightness and see if that helps.

It took me 3 attempts to adjust the fitting of my boots before I got it right. If I had them so they fit nice for walking they hurt riding. If they fit for riding they hurt walking. Now they are good for both. Play around with the tightness and see if that helps.

Thor ratchet fixes this for me. Gonna walk losses em real fast and easy want to ride. Click click. It's tight again best boots I've ever owned.

• Like 1

Thor ratchet fixes this for me. Gonna walk losses em real fast and easy want to ride. Click click. It's tight again best boots I've ever owned.

It took me 3 trips before I was really comfortable in boots. I started riding 20 years ago when I was 12 and dumb and never wore any gear so when I first got real boots it was like &%$#@!. Now I wouldn't get on a bike without my boots.

I believe I figured out a way to help getting used to the weight. Since I work at a prison all day and wear boots, i am going to try out some ankle weights. Might help. Might not. Worth a try.

Hammerhead +.20 shifter best money i've spent in awhile.  ?

• Like 1

Boots need to be broken in.  The $100 pair is made of plastic and will not ever break in.  They may not be uncomfortable but they will never be anything like a $300 boot.  I used to be able to drive my truck easily in my Tech 6 boots.  I was sad when I had to retire them for a pair of Tech 7's because it did take a long time to break in the Tech 6's.

Boots need to be broken in.  The $100 pair is made of plastic and will not ever break in.  They may not be uncomfortable but they will never be anything like a $300 boot.  I used to be able to drive my truck easily in my Tech 6 boots.  I was sad when I had to retire them for a pair of Tech 7's because it did take a long time to break in the Tech 6's.

Forma predators are not $100, they cost the same as Tech 7's overhere and they have a better write ups.

Haha, my friend has a few buddies from decades ago, they all used to ride dirt bikes.  These two friends of his also run marathons and have street bikes, so they are in great shape AND know the mechanics of motorcycling.  My friend met with these two guys and went riding, but they haven't ridden dirt bikes in decades.  Here's the result:

• AAHHH!
  • AARRRGGH!
  • WAAAHHHHH!

They were demoralized because they found out a fundamental aspect of riding: just because you can run a marathon in under 200 minutes doesn't mean you are in "riding shape."  Seat time is the best and only way to get in riding shape! 

And you'll get used to the boots.  I can testify that not all boots are made the same.  You get what you pay for, just like other things in life.

• Like 1

I never wore boots when I was younger. Now that I'm getting back into ridding I got a pair of Gaerne GX-1"s. I don't have them broken in yet but they are hot and uncomfortable, are these good boots?

from what I heard they are supposed to be a good entry level boot
  • Like 1

Get a pair of fox instincts 2014 and you'll be fine

I like my forma predators so far. I'll try Gaerne when these wear out or instincts. They are a little broken in now cuz my feet are no longer sore. It's just still a little stiff still. One more day of wearing them should do the trick. I just have to learn how to shift in them now lol.

I like my forma predators so far. I'll try Gaerne when these wear out or instincts. They are a little broken in now cuz my feet are no longer sore. It's just still a little stiff still. One more day of wearing them should do the trick. I just have to learn how to shift in them now lol.

I have to say there was literally no break in with the instincts bought them and was out on the track the same day wearing them and gear changes were easier and the boots were just so much more comfortable then any of my other boots from day one
  • Like 1