Sign in to follow this  

Steering damper

I watched a video recently about a yz250f project bike for some magazine. Cant remember the name though. But they put a steering damper on the bike that was a hook connected to the frame, and another hook connected to the triple clamps. And all it had was a heavy looking spring attached to the hooks. What is this? Ive never really looked at dampers, because there so expensive, but this design is so minimal, it has to be cheaper, but i cant find it. Anyone know what im talking about?

I watched a video recently about a yz250f project bike for some magazine. Cant remember the name though. But they put a steering damper on the bike that was a hook connected to the frame, and another hook connected to the triple clamps. And all it had was a heavy looking spring attached to the hooks. What is this? Ive never really looked at dampers, because there so expensive, but this design is so minimal, it has to be cheaper, but i cant find it. Anyone know what im talking about?

If it was really a spring it was in no way a damper.

If it was really a spring it was in no way a damper.

They just said they installed a steering damper and showed it for a second. It was right under the front number plate