Devils Gulch

We did 40 miles today. Rode red hill, mission and devils up and back. Everything's clear and log free. Wanted to run tronsen but they're closed until the 15th. Ran into two USFS rangers on brand new ktm 350s on the trail. Really nice dudes and talked a good long while about bikes and trail building. The river crossings have been either re-routed or a small log ridge has been constructed, all of which are easily passable. My only gripe of the day are the stupid mtn bikers. It baffles me why anyone would want to pedal uphill for hours on end, but to each his own. But there's a million other mtn bike trails to ride. Most give dirty looks, block the trail when trying to pass,and one guy told me to slow down. Slow down on a dirt bike trail!!!? We just smile and wave....

All in all an awesome day and can't wait to ride more as it opens up!

It is summer trial riding in WA. Always  " rocky/dusty ". Deal with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down buddy. I never said I wouldn't enjoy riding it. I was up at Kingsley Reservoir last weekend. Rocky and dusty as could be and had a blast. 

Ya DNR ORV areas are better. 

No need to be facetious!!!!  

Actually they are fairly smooth and flow well. XC MTB heaven.

It's only dusty if you're not in front ?

Thank you for your serious response. I believe i will check it out this weekend!

Opens from the Green Dot/Elk Calving closure on Sunday the 15th. Make sure you have a chain saw -there will be blow down. Could still be some snow up near Haney Meadow/Ken Wilcox CG. Might be hitting this area on Monday.

Edited by trailwhale

Opens from the Green Dot/Elk Calving closure on Sunday the 15th. Make sure you have a chain saw -there will be blow down. Could still be some snow up near Haney Meadow/Ken Wilcox CG. Might be hitting this area on Monday.

Especially season 2 after the forest fire.

Last year, 3 of us cleared 8 miles in 7hrs and was exhausted starting at Snow Shoe Ridge trail.  It was like pick-up-sticks, only with big sticks, really big sticks.

And we were running 2 saws...