Moving from WA to SC- Who rides?

Hellooo,

I am moving from Washington state to Duncan, SC. Since my moto family is here, I was wondering if anyone knew where to ride, and who to ride with? Its never good to ride alone, so I am trying to get to know people on here so when I go down there I have some awesome people to ride with! I have been riding for 15 years, and currently ride an 09 RMZ 250 Suzuki and grew up riding woods. I love anything from goat trails to single track switch backs up the side of a mountain. If you have any info please let me know, I'll be moved down there by June 21st.

Thanks!

There is some good trail riding to be done in NC, like Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park. 

Might also check out Durhamtown Plantation. They are in GA, but I believe they are working on another location in NC with more trails. 

Keep in mind that the east coast mountains are nothing like those on the west coast. Hopefully others will chime in.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll check it out!

i live 5 minutes from Duncan. Enoree OHV is the closest place to get some laps in, but not too technical. Brushy Mt is about 2 hrs away, but well worth the drive. I have friends that race Mid-east, and there are several races left within an hour or 2. I'm 41, don't race, but I think I'm fast enough to have fun with on the trails. Hit me up when you get here

I race the mideast series. There are plenty of good races up by where you will be. As far as I know, they don't have any team classes. NCSHA does have a race twice a year(i think) called the Mountain Challenge.I did the one this past fall. Its a 6 hour race that can be done in teams of two in classes based on skill or the parent/child class. If you really want, you can do the whole thing by yourself. 

Like 06yz said, check out mideastracing.com for details on their races. They usually have a pretty good turnout for the women's classes, sometimes including Jessica Patterson. 

Well I've lived in WA all my life and have been wanting to move out and just see whats out there, I have a friend getting out of the Army and gave me the opportunity to move down there. So, I figured why not go and explore!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...