Sign in to follow this  

Getting a helmet painted

What's are your guys thoughts on getting a helmet painted?

Also who's a good person to send it to? I'm willing to pay for quality work. I'm wanting to get a white shoei and have someone that does good work and knows what they are doing to paint it.

You could see if there are any local airbrushing artist in your area and talk to them about it. 

As far as sending it off just search airbrush helmet and you can find tons of people who do it.  Most of them have pictures of past work so you can get an idea of what type of skill/style the artist has.

Depending on your helmet, wraps are the way to go. Heck of a lot cheaper. I have one for my shoei and people ask me all the time if its painted.

Depending on your helmet, wraps are the way to go. Heck of a lot cheaper. I have one for my shoei and people ask me all the time if its painted.

Where did you get your wrap?

I heard if they don't take the foam out of the helmet it will make it no good is that true?

What's are your guys thoughts on getting a helmet painted?

Also who's a good person to send it to? I'm willing to pay for quality work. I'm wanting to get a white shoei and have someone that does good work and knows what they are doing to paint it.

Best bet would to find someone local. That way you discuss what you want in person and see the artist work first hand. I have a Troy Lee helmet painted that I use for sledding (didn't want to risk grinding the dirt), the airbrush work cost me $1500 cdn but it was something that I wanted for a long time and it turned out great.

Where did you get your wrap?

I got mine from intrinzic graphix but I know 139 designs and impulse graphics does them. Just depends on if they have a template for your helmet or not.

I just want something simple, I want it to be painted solid silver with a Carolina panther logo I think that would be sick

I think pretty much any decent airbrush artist could do that.  Logos and such are relatively easy to do.  It would be more important to get a great artist if you had some crazy one of a kind idea that you wanted.

hellz yeah.  that is awesome.  Like I said in my previous post.  If you want something one of a kind like lunch_box has then you want to find the right artist to do the work.  Carolina panther logo would be simple to do compared to lunch_box's helmet.  Not saying there is anything wrong with that.  Just doesn't take as much skill to do a well known logo. 

• Like 1

Here is my helmet that I had painted.

how much was that if you don't mind me asking

hellz yeah. that is awesome. Like I said in my previous post. If you want something one of a kind like lunch_box has then you want to find the right artist to do the work. Carolina panther logo would be simple to do compared to lunch_box's helmet. Not saying there is anything wrong with that. Just doesn't take as much skill to do a well known logo.

thank you

how much was that if you don't mind me asking

thank you

The paint job cost me $1500 cdn. The pics are taken with my cell phone so not good quality but the detail in the girls is amazing. And the LunchBox on the side is gold flake. The guy who did it does amazing work but it adds up fast that's for sure. That is why I use the helmet for sledding and quadding and things where its unlikely to get damaged.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399609510.396085.jpglike this but with the panther logo, I want it to look like the decal I don't want it to look painted if you know what I'm saying? Haha idk if that makes sense

Paint it yourself! Gone are the days when the top riders had custom painted helmets. That inspired me to start doing it. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399610349.121235.jpg

It cost a bit to get all the equip but with some patience and creativity its worth it.

+ Troy Lee

I had TLD paint one for my Dad as a gift a few years back. I wish I had a picture. It has some metal flake in it, and when the sun hits it, sure looks like its on fire. Incredible results.