Buying a 2012

I'm buying a brand new left over 2012 tomorrow for 6760.00 otd. How does this bike stack up against the newer model? Would like to get a few opinions before I go all in on the 2012

It's a solid bike man. I like that it's the last year with single exhaust and the good forks. They say the 13-14 turns better but the 12 is the lightest 450. I have a 06 and after riding the trails I'll switch with my buddy who has a 11 and man.. I won't want to get off that thing. It's like a 125 weight wise with 450 power. Solid bike BUT that price is a little steep... About a grand off of that and it would be a great deal. Hope this helps

I have a 2011 (leftover model, bought it last winter)   Love the bike, had 02,03,05,06. 09 and now 2011 CRF450R.  This is the best one yet!

For my area, the price you quoted would be a good deal for a left over 2012.

What if the seller took the pix 2 years ago, I drive 7-8 hrs., get there and the bike looks nothing like the pictures he took, Been there, done that.I work a lot and have little kids.If I was young and single it would make more sense, but at this point in life i have 0 interest in that. Thanks anyway.

The 13+ frames are a bit more stable than the 9-12 frames. Honda was attempting to make the newer bikes less twitchy and wonder less in the turns. on my 12 i had some suspension work done and added a Scotts and its much, much, more stable than it was when stock so if it’s a problem it can easily be mitigated.

i intentionally looked for a 12 over a 13 because i did not want the air forks and the dual exhaust.

The 13+ frames are a bit more stable than the 9-12 frames. Honda was attempting to make the newer bikes less twitchy and wonder less in the turns. on my 12 i had some suspension work done and added a Scotts and its much, much, more stable than it was when stock so if it’s a problem it can easily be mitigated.

i intentionally looked for a 12 over a 13 because i did not want the air forks and the dual exhaust.

I got the salesman down to 6500.00 otd. Do you think thats a good deal?

I have a '12, have buddies with an '11, a '13, and a '14. I probably would get the newer chassis if I were buying today. It took a little suspension work to get mine decent in a corner where as the newer ones seem to turn more like a suzuki to me. I also put 22mm triple clamps on mine which seemed to help it a lot. I paid $6826 otd in Nov of '12 so it just seems like at this point in time you should be able to get it cheaper than $6500 otd. If I were to buy another color bike it would be the RMZ450.

My 12 had all the mods i made the mistake by selling it to try the 13 , that was a bad mistake now im back with the blue crew lol. Imop the 12 with mods is way better than the 13

Edited by crf917rider

My 12 had all the mods i made the mistake by selling it to try the 13 , that was a bad mistake now im back with the blue crew lol. Imop the 12 with mods is way better than the 13

What was the best mod you made on the 12?

I got a 2012 lined up but I'm getting a little nervous spending so much money on a dirt bike. I am still considering a 2013-14 rmz450, you can find these pretty cheap.

pretty tough to beat this deal

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/default.asp?page=xnewinventory&make=suzuki&vt=motorcycle+/+scooter#page=xnewinventory&vt=motorcycle%20/%20scooter&years=2014&make=suzuki&model=rm-z450l4%20-%20rm-z450&d=on