Sign in to follow this  

01 cr 125 help please

so one of my kids buddy has a 01 cr 125. and it ran good. then I think I dumped it climbing a hill. and ever since it donsnt  seem to hit power band now. it has a top end bog. we cleaned the carb, checked the reeds. power vavle. and its still there. what else could it be? where should we look?

First thought would be to check the air fuel mix screw. check and adjust......then I would check the fuel float level. What colour is the sparkplug???? 

• Like 1

so you think it could have knock itself out of adjustment? the bike ran great just out of the blue this bog came.im thinking maybe I better have a look to see how clean the power valve is(the boys cleaned it) the plug is dark brown. not black but..i looked on youtube and seems to be a few on there with the same prob. but no fix or things like piston in backwards? I know that happens but only after you take it apart. not after it been running fine. it just don't rev out.power vavle sound right to any of you??? best thing to clean the valve with??

Did he dump it on the clutch basket side?  Maybe the basket is rubbing cover.  I've seen it before.

Check the reeds for a crack?

Contact cleaner or Brake cleaner works on power valve spooge.

Pop the cover off and see if its opening and closing correctly.

Hello.

I am not saying it is not your power valve but for me personally and if it was my bike I would have to go back and check the basics and make sure they are all set up before I would tackle something like reeds or powervalve. A bog like what you are describing is generally caused by carb / fuel problems, but not always. Form me personally I would be checking float level, pulling the main and pilot jet and cleaning the carb with carb cleaner. Blowing out all the orifices and venturies with compressed air, checking air fuel setting on the mixture screw, checking main needle setting, I.e. making sure the carb was at factory settings or good running operation settings. From here I would check reeds and also powervalve assemble and make sure the valve is operating smoothly and the linkages are not broken. I would also consider replacing the plug with a new one, checking the Spark plug lead and make sure it is tight and secure in the cap, I would also be checking the wiring to make sure there are no breaks or grounding issues. 

Hello.

I am not saying it is not your power valve but for me personally and if it was my bike I would have to go back and check the basics and make sure they are all set up before I would tackle something like reeds or powervalve. A bog like what you are describing is generally caused by carb / fuel problems, but not always. Form me personally I would be checking float level, pulling the main and pilot jet and cleaning the carb with carb cleaner. Blowing out all the orifices and venturies with compressed air, checking air fuel setting on the mixture screw, checking main needle setting, I.e. making sure the carb was at factory settings or good running operation settings. From here I would check reeds and also powervalve assemble and make sure the valve is operating smoothly and the linkages are not broken. I would also consider replacing the plug with a new one, checking the Spark plug lead and make sure it is tight and secure in the cap, I would also be checking the wiring to make sure there are no breaks or grounding issues. 

done all of this. my 1st thought was carb but we cleaned it. spotless. and then checked reeds, and power valve linkage.new plug. a couple of plug now. it starts good ,warm 1st kick every time. its smooth until you hit upper revs. then it seems to bog. seems to me like a carb problem but we cleaned it and it ran fine for weeks then one day boomnot reving out. so I find it hard that the card air fuel is out.. but im willing to try it. I think the power vavle is gummed up. but not sure. just looking for ideas I may be missing.fter talking to him he said after he dumped it . it was fine rode 2-3 hours then the next day or 2 he went to ride with my son and it would rev out.

Okay so I am a little confused.......after you dumped it.....you cleaned the carb and it ran fine for a few weeks but now the problem has come back????

Okay so I am a little confused.......after you dumped it.....you cleaned the carb and it ran fine for a few weeks but now the problem has come back????

no sorry.it ran great for weeks .then he dumped it ..still ran good for the rest of that day(a few hours) then a couple days later he went to ride with my son and it started this bog/no powerband. sorry I thought it was after he dumped it that it started right away. so that's when we cleaned carb,checked reeds,so on.. only thing we havnt done is clean the power valve. we checked(cleaned0 the linkage and its moving I just wonder if its opening all the way.