Handlebars for Beta 300?

Ok my 13' Beta 300 rr came with some bars that have been cut.a little narrower than I want.. not bad but not the best. What have some of you guys have or thinking of to add on to your bike.. My dealer is suggesting some suzuki rm bars?. ..just wondering what others have chosen if different. The Beta stock bars seem good to me.. might still just go back to that .. . I'm 6'1" for bar height reference...

I am using 12 degree FLEXX bars. I need to raise them a bit. Probably go 1/2" higher

How tall are you?.. what does a 12 degree Flexx bar feel closest to as far as traditional bars. I was also thinking maybe later that I'd put the brp setup. I have a scotts steering stabilizer already.. might just add it. in the future at least... just cause I'd only need the mount. That raises the bars a little too..  not sure though. Stock the bike feels great.. everything could be better though.

t300_ba2114b3ff5ab561dcdcb5c96483ff4a.jp

I don't know .. is the Flexx bar setup worth the 4 to 5 hundred  it costs for special guards etc?  I wasn't thinking of spending much.. a hundred bucks might seem reasonable and use the cycra guards I have for now on the bike.  . then maybe adding a couple hundred for the brp's later when I have ;money to try a mod to try to improve..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I am 6'1 and stand 80% of the time.  I ordered my bike with the BRP scott setup but still needed 3/4" Brp bar risers to avoid the hunched over feeling and subsequent sore back after 60 k of single track.  It feels good now.

• Like 1

I am 6'1 and stand 80% of the time.  I ordered my bike with the BRP scott setup but still needed 3/4" Brp bar risers to avoid the hunched over feeling and subsequent sore back after 60 k of single track.  It feels good now.

Thankyou! Great info guys!!! As far as the BRP bar risers/ vibration reducer  does that go in the most forward holes on the triple clamp? or more middle and back.. or could they be moved forward and back in different positions?.. I don't stand all the time.. There's a lot of ducking under branches etc where I am and usually have to lay the bike over a little to get under fallen trees.. I have tried to limit how tall I make the bike as the bike doesn't fit as well getting under the trees while laying over..It's kind of a balance there... It's a pain to ride a little standing then sit and duck then stand then sit and duck and over and over again.. It sort of turns into more work depending on the trail... High is good for the more open trails but my riding style has adjusted to the terrain a bit. I am trying to stand more to try to improve my riding but I've got a lot of habits from many years.. still trying to do little improvements and blend into my more 70's riding style. ..so I'll probably raise it a little but not a lot.. Even stock isn't bad considering..

I was turned on the Twisted Engineering bars while riding in Hawaii, and will never go back to aluminum bars, $400 for the bars, hand guards, shields and top clamps.

There is no rubber mounted anything that even comes close, and I have yet to read anywhere of a set that has cracked, there also lower and lighter than Flex bars.

Edited by ktm300

I've tried the high bar thing and hated it, had a lot of weird arm/elbow problems that I never had before.  I both sit and stand and prefer a low straight bar as I can get over it easy.  I run 10 deg enduro Flexxbars as low as possible.  I liked the stock bars but had the Flexxbars.  I think the stock bars are a lot like a KTM SX bend, which I have used a lot in the past.

• Like 1

I run RC high bends when possible. I'll be adding them to my BRP surmount and will still be 2-2.5 inches too low like usual. I won't use risers because for what I need the bars would look like ape hangers. I have run ATV bars in the past because they offer much higher height but at the expense of too much pull back. You have to be careful with bars between manufactures as they may have the same name but the specs are different.

Edited by Rotax
  • Like 1

I was turned on the Twisted Engineering bars while riding in Hawaii, and will never go back to aluminum bars, $400 for the bars, hand guards, shields and top clamps.

There is no rubber mounted anything that even comes close, and I have yet to read anywhere of a set that has cracked, there also lower and lighter than Flex bars.

Which one did you get?.. It must be really good  if it's $400 and have such endorsement. .. . In the future...I'm thinking . I'm kinda lookin at the brp as a bar riser, vibration reducer and damper mount as a better choice..cheaper and more uses....but I haven't tried the Twisted E's to see how great they might be. . Of course nothing is wrong with what I have.. I'm just looking at blowing more money on goodies cause I can...  .and where did ya go riding when you came on this side?

$400 gets you bars, bar clamps, hand guards and sheilds, I went with KTM bend & X3, the Fasst bars were ok, but to tall, heavy and the rubbers seem to get hard with time, if your a 40+ rider your shoulders and wrists will thank you.   

Rode with Kim and his crew on the north shore of Oahu this winter at the riding park up there, we split up and rode some of the enduro trails toward the end and finished with "check 10". Kim set me up with a sweet KTM 200 and it was perfect for those trails, I owe him big time.   

• Like 1

No thanks on the carbon bars - there are reports of guys busting them off in simple falls and they don't control flex in the fore-aft (steering critical) plane.

Flexxbars are tuneable, and with a set of Fastway handguards and bar mounts you're in the same ballpark for cost.

People complain about Flexxbars being heavy.  They are not that much heavier, but they just LOOK bulky and heavy.  Two years on my set on two different bikes and no issues including the BRP pivot mounts and EE handguards.

People complain about Flexxbars being heavy.  They are not that much heavier, but they just LOOK bulky and heavy.  Two years on my set on two different bikes and no issues including the BRP pivot mounts and EE handguards.

They are heavy, at least twice a normal bar is. Not that it matters to me or any other weekend warrior though.

They are heavy, at least twice a normal bar is. Not that it matters to me or any other weekend warrior though.

I hear that. Heck, All this protective stuff adds weight. I'm actually thinking of putting some flex bars on my 498. I just have to think of a way to fabricate some rods for my GPS and roll chart mount. Maybe even use longer ones and punch a hole through the crossbar pad for a clean install.

607f1db1-b9e7-4bb5-89b4-9b5935cce023_zps

IMG_20140404_094002_zpsd0734a64.jpg

IMG_20140404_093951_zps9a0fb6ca.jpg

I'm looking at my 300 and think it should be doable. I might be able to come off the crossbar. Only thing different will be a lot higher bend. The Enduro High for the Beta.

file_zpsfcd44dbb.jpg

• Like 1

$400 gets you bars, bar clamps, hand guards and sheilds, I went with KTM bend & X3, the Fasst bars were ok, but to tall, heavy and the rubbers seem to get hard with time, if your a 40+ rider your shoulders and wrists will thank you.   

Rode with Kim and his crew on the north shore of Oahu this winter at the riding park up there, we split up and rode some of the enduro trails toward the end and finished with "check 10". Kim set me up with a sweet KTM 200 and it was perfect for those trails, I owe him big time.   

Cool! Kim's a nice guy.. Glad you got to get some nice riding in. ..and thanks for the bar verification.. I want to find someone locally who has some so I can see. Lots like em so it's on the list.. I like the ktm bend  or ktm bars at least...  Yea check 10 is a nice way to end yur day..and a ktm 200 is great to ride there.

Anything look familiar?

uh and don't put a camera in womens faces in the morning.. :doh:    ..wasn't me..not my vid.. not a smart choice..

http://twistedengineering.com/pdf/TE_BEND_SPECS_v3.pdf