Sign in to follow this  

best front tire?

Have done some searching and see a bunch on rear tires but not much on front tires? I ride a 2011 ktm 200 xcw it has the stock mx51. What front is everyone liking? I live and ride in Missouri. is the pirreli mt 16 good on front? seems like everyone likes it for a rear? also has anyone tried a golden tyre on rear? are they worth the money? Thanks

B.stone m59. Or Kenda washougal sticky.

I love the mt 16 on the rear but not on the front....no sidewall tire rolls over.

I hated the mx51, but I really like the 403. It deals with the mud, rocks and hard pack good for me. It also has good wear.

I too do not like the (stock) Dunlop MX51 that are on my 300XC right now and thinking of running Michelin Starcross MH3 again.  I have had great luck with them in the past and always a great tire.

i have 02 200exc and tried a golden tyres, gt523 on  the rear seems to work great and wear great, but I got a 216 AA on the front and after about 5 ride on it im  about to take it off and throw it away, I had my  forks done at the same time  I replaced the tires and I can't get my forks dialed in with the tire, thinkin its the tire,

I just installed Maxxis front, MaxxCross EN, and Tubliss tube. This on my '07 200xc, I'm liking that setup. Sorry I've not use the MT16. I've bought scorpion xc's for my boys bikes and they never complained about those.

I'm really picky about front tires, as it seems like almost all my knee injuries have come from unexpected front tire slippage.  I like the M59, the 403, and I just put a Pirelli scorpion mid soft on my YZ, and that seems to work really well too.  Never had much luck with any Dunlop or Maxxis models, although I certainly have not tried them all.  This is for North GA terrain.  Keep in mind that results depend on local conditions.

I have the Michelin S12 XC on mine and it does a damn good job. I have the matching rear and would recommend that one as well. 

Edited by KTM370

MT16, predictable, last a long time and just seems to work good everywhere.

I used to us dunlop 756 that work good when new. I`v gone to a m12 that i like much better now. And i ride a lot of sand , and mid. dirt , some rocks , and roots around too.

Was Bridgestone 403 guy but tried mx32 front and back on my race rims and now have new goto tires never had traction issue all day.

Went from muddy practice to afternoon hard pack and work better than Bridgestone 403/404 combo on hard pack and of course out performed in the soft stuff they were designed for.

Well worth the money.

I went crazy and bought an artrax combo from motosport. Tg4 front , sx-1 120/90-19 rear ...im freaking amazed ! they are pirelli mxms copies. The front is great , the rear is great also,,,except on blue groove. The rear wears better than the pirelli. Ive always been a fan of pirelli, but for woods riding im artrax now. Competition wise ? The mx51 iz hard to beat. But........they dont wear for shit. Couple rides,throw them away. The set of artrax tires cost less than 1 name brand tire.

I just replaced my MX51 with a Bridgestone M59. Night and day. Why does KTM put these junk MX51's on their bikes?