Sign in to follow this  

Xr185

I'm picking up this xr185 this weekend for $500. Doesn't run, but it turns over fine. I'm thinking it might just be a carb job. Does anyone else on here have one if these bike? If so what can you tell me about them?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399641749.623544.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399641792.729474.jpg

Hmmmm....well I had one for a short time about 32 years ago but from what I remember it was a good little bike. Mine had a Megacycle cam and Powroll or Supertrapp pipe, I don't remember which, but it ran really strong for a 185cc four-stroke. Light and flickable. The suspension and brakes leave a little to be desired but it works great on slow, tight singletrack and slow to medium trails and fire/logging roads.

The engine is the predecessor of the long produced XR200 and most if not all OEM and aftermarket parts designed for the 200 will work on the 185.

Have fun with it. :)

Great to hear! I just bought the bike, and I'm looking forward to diving in and cleaning her up.

Thank you, hopefully by the end of summer I'll have her looking even better.

Here is a pic from today with a little dust off, very happy so far. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400038821.858195.jpg

like the 79 to 83 xr 185s and 200s love that front plate I hunted for a xr185 a while and gave up id still like to have one cool bikes