Need different bike for 8 yo daughter.

My daughter got a 1985 Z50R for her 6th birthday. She learned quickly to ride and is a natural. The problem is the handlebars are wonkey, the throttle wonkey, the idle wonkey. All these things haven't inspired a lot of confidence in her riding. She still likes to ride and is quite good in spite of the crappy bike, but she has a long way to go still. She just doesn't want to ride this bike anymore. Instead of dumping a bunch of money into this and perhaps getting no where, I would like to get something newer and in good condition that she can really start to learn on.

Here is my dilemma, She is now 90 pounds and almost 4 feet tall! Ergo's wise the Z50 is almost too small, but weight wise it is too heavy. So I have been thinking I have three options: 

1) get something similar that is in good working order: newer ttr50, crf50, etc Will they be a big improvement? I know they will still be heavy.

2) Get a pw50 and let her ride the crap out of it. I just think this will be too small now.

3) Get a KTM 50 adventure, or junior/senior and put the Adv clutch in it. I read somewhere their weight limit is 80 pounds though! Is this true? I imagine she is close enough and it won't really matter though? Racing isn't really in the plans (but you never know).

Thanks

She is definitely still learning as she has only ridden a handful of times. I don't think her skills are to the point she is ready to move up, though maybe a bigger bike that fits better would be easier for her to ride. She definitely is not ready for more weight though.

PW 50 is too small, and too weak unless your riding on flat grass.

Because it has no gears, you can't go slow while having any torque.

A CRF70 is much lighter than a CRF110, but no e-start.

When you only weigh 60 or 70 lbs, and extra 24lbs of bike is a lot.

The KTM is light, and taller, but they're more powerful than you want.

I've been the PW and KTM route with my son.

You may think a CRF70 or 110 is too powerful, but the low end torque and slow (very) revving nature of the engine make them easy to ride.

IMHO there's a gap in the small bike line up. I wish they still make PW 80's. As it is, you have to jump from an 80lb bike to 150lb bike.