Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Milestone Wednesday and Glen Helen Thursday: What I Saw

Josh Grant goes really fast on Socal tracks. He was the fastest guy at Milestone and one of the fastest at Glen Helen today.

James was testing suspension both days. He is looking into going back to a spring fork. He was fast as always but was more interested in getting a feel for his bike. He was making a lot of suspension changes both days.

Malcom seemed pretty fast but didn't really stand out to me.

Cooper Webb was flying both days. His teammate, Anthony Rodriguez seems really fast too. It's hard to tell if it's just how active he is on the bike or if he will be a surprise this summer.

Dean Wilson and Darryn Durham were both at GH today testing. Wilson seemed like the fastest 250 guy for most of the day. He was the only 250 guy I saw do the triple in the front rhythm section. Durham seems fast and smooth too but so do a lot of guys.

Jason Anderson was doing motos today, which is always a good sign. He looked pretty fast. For whatever reason he was having trouble clearing the step up jump on the far side of the track.

The TLD guys were testing both days. Seely looks fast and smooth but nothing special. Jesse Nelson's speed caught my eye at Glen Helen.

Josh Hill is going to need to adjust to the outdoors again and his new bike. He looked good at Milestone but was slightly off the pace. At Glen Helen, he was a little off.

Zach Osbourne looks like he's ready to go.

Trey Canard and Justin Barcia were testing today at Glen Helen. Both looked good but neither were doing motos.

Brett Metcalfe looked very good today.

Andrew Short was there testing. He looked good but I didn't watch him that much.

Ryan Dungey looks like he's ready to go. He did a little testing but also did a moto. The most interesting thing that happened all day was when Dungey was in the middle of his moto, Barcia got in behind him and started trailing him. He gained on him and passed him when they got caught up in slower riders. Then Barcia pulled off and Alessi tried to get a piece of Dungey. If I was Dungey, I would tell these guys to &%$#@! off. I would be so pissed if I was doing motos, minding my own business, and guys are jumping in &%$#@!ing with me.

Weston Peick and Tedesco were testing.... Tedesco is a little off the pace. I don't know about where Peick stands.

Pourcel was testing, and cruising around most of the day. He showed some speed when they opened up the national track later in the day. Pourcel's bike is more factory than the Star Guys. He uses works KYB suspension. The official KYB guys were working with him and Grant. Star gets their stuff modded by enzo. I think Pourcel's bike is pretty fast and when he was going fast he was getting all he could out of it up the hills. I think that they will probably still be working to get more out of the motor. I'm sure they are doing all they can to compete with PC

The national track is something to see. It's impressive to watch them attack such challenging hills. It's too bad they aren't using the REM section this year. The front rhythm section could be key during the 250 national this year.

It is absolutely the stopwatch nationals out there on Thursdays at Glen Helen....

Notable Absentees: Chad Reed, Davi Millsaps, Ken Roczen, Marvin Musquin, Jeremy Martin, Justin Bogle, Blake Baggett, Justin Hill,

• Like 14

Nice report for a half wit.  

Edited by GBowman

I figured someone had to give real info these days.

I only my mother had married better...    then I could take a couple of days off in the middle of the week to go watch people ride.

I second that motion....!

And... you didn't take a single PICTURE?! :facepalm:

Your cell phone... camera? video? just throwing out some thoughts :lol:

Edited by ThumpNRed

Do I not always answer your PMs? Besides, every decent thread gets lostt in the RV vs James bs do why bother?